project F.U.C.R

wild foamy
This post is 3053 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

will it be ready for squires mmmmm I don't think so!! not heard anything for a while on this foams hows it going

best give that trailer a service its a long way to squires hehehe

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

been a tad preoccupied.

Ive spent the last 2 weeks living at the end of a runway in a tent with no phone signal and the nearest pub was a 5-mile walk.

Fireblade hasnt been sold.

Kia has developed an irritating misfire and insurance has run out.

FTO is in for its re-test, picking it up tomorrow, will then need to tax it, but no towbar so wont be able to trailer the FUCR.

im out of ideas, cash and enthusiasm, lots of work still to do before i can even contemplate taking it for an MOT, i have most of the bits i need its just a case of fitting it all together in a way that is A: legal and B: works, turns out the battery is not going to fit under the tail unit, so my idea of having an "open" frame has gone to shit as the only place i can really put it is behind the engine.

new tyres are still under my bed waiting to be fitted, clocks are on but the yokes wont fit, so im going to ditch the risers off the originals and machine some clamps to hold the stanchions, then drill the original and use some XS handlebar clamps to hold the ace bars on.

so is this going to be your first electric bike (if you need all that room for the battery) lol :biglaugha:

hi mate . im new to the club . i am in the process of completing a trike project using the xz 550 engine and frame . i have put kn filters on and with a bit of messing about will be using a vn 750 tank as there is plenty of room for the airfilters . just a thought for you .

ooooh, just had a look on ebay... very nice indeed! :o

cheers for the info bud, have you kept the original top yoke?

not keeping the top yoke . I want to put higher bars for a laid back ride . I will either take the whole front end into my local breakers who said he might be able to match up something else . or I might have to get a top yoke fabricated depending on cost I suppose . if I have any luck either way I will let you know .

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, new here too and have an XZ550, rather different to yours as been heavily modded already

DSCN1284.jpg

DSCN1286.jpg

Has had the top yoke modded to use set of clip ons, has rear sets , RGV tanks and bodywork, high level exhausts, VX800 rear wheel, RGV forks and front wheel, Brembo brakes front and rear

• 4 weeks later...

not keeping the top yoke . I want to put higher bars for a laid back ride . I will either take the whole front end into my local breakers who said he might be able to match up something else . or I might have to get a top yoke fabricated depending on cost I suppose . if I have any luck either way I will let you know .

hi mate . hows your xz project doin . i came across a possible fix for the bar conversion on my trike . check out ebay . item number 290968239938 dont know if its any good to you but im gonna try and get something similar made for mine . i emailed the guy thats selling them but he has no idea where they came from good luck with your project . rab .

• 6 months later...

Wow, sure has been a long time since i even looked at the FUCR!.

however today i moved it from the same spot in the car park where its been sat for the past 6 months, its in the workshop now and with the DT nearing completion i hope to start work on this (getting it running again will no doubt be the first priority) next week, im spending a lot more weekends on base so ideally want to get it all up together before i move base in a couple of months, probably not MOT'able but atleast moveable in one piece

Blimey Stevo im still amazed that you actually remember what you own. Have to got a white board with every thing written on it so you dont loose track??

Christ its bad enough trying to get the DVL to send one new V5 but 11 of the things shit mate your gunna be waiting till 2020 to get all them through, or are those new owners slips momentos?

Most of them are momentos, ive got a collection of number plates stuck on my door aswell, the M plate was from my old jawa and the F plate is the DTs new plate :D

Well the FUCR wont start and my Pajero has immobilised itself (removed battery to jump start bike, alarm went apeshit and locked me out. wheres me wire cutters.)

Where's this thread been hiding, looks like an interesting project looking forward to the end result.

ha ha ha end result, that is the end result! :shakeno:

• Like 1

ha ha ha end result, that is the end result! :shakeno:

I swear some day i will finish what i sta-... ooh, look at that, something shiny.

FUCR now has spark, new starter solenoid on order as the old one was fooked, definately gonna need to go back to a 12ah battery thought :(