project F.U.C.R

wild foamy
This post is 3081 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Appreciate the link, but nah, want to learn to do my own fibreglassing, that way there will only ever be one of that kind in the UK and it will be mine, the whole point of this bike is to tailor it to me :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Bit more work today, i stripped the battery box and electrics out of it, i can fit the reg/rec and starter solenoid under the seat without having to extend any wires, Fusebox will be mounted on top of the inner fender, Battery just behind it and will probably move the indicator relay and various other little boxes up under the headlight, here's how it is right now

DSC_0119_zpsd36525bf.jpg

DSC_0120_zps1215427d.jpg

DSC_0122_zps2c2298cc.jpg

Fibreglass is at home and hopefully by the weekend i will have a top yoke and maybe some bars ready to go on it aswell as some universal headlight mounts, once the yoke is on i can mount the clocks and maybe see about getting it started, will run the stock tank until after squires, may fibreglass a new airbox aswell although because the box will be taking air from the front of the bike im concerned about the vacuum from the front carb causing the rear carb to run lean

Just the top yoke bud, from what ive read online it should be a straight swap, did you send the full set?

Cant really make the airbox twin channel as space is unbelievably tight under there, have maybe 25-30mmmm of clearance above the rear carb and about 40mm on the front carb if i run without the rubber manifolds that go from the carb to the airbox, may just make a lower airbox with louvres in the top and panel filter running the full length/widht of the airbox

I have all the parts i need now apart from some new tyres! :D.

Headlight mount, top yoke (cheers tommy!), battery, lenses, ace bars and fibreglass kit are here, can get those yokes/bars on sunday night and start fibreglassing my tail piece, then mount the headlight and clocks on monday, move all the electrical stuff and hopefully get it running by the end of the week :)

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm there Drewp's :eusa_whistle:

Me? sarcastic?

you know me too well already!

No ive got a brand new set of them, avon AM26 front and rear, won them for £120 which is slightly more than i would have wanted to pay but considering M&P want about £150 for a set its still better than buying brand new

I got a set of Am26's for £50 for the FZ :eusa_whistle:

just scrubbed in from a round at Snetterton

Oh foamy ive got a pair of very lightly used Avons you could have had!

foamy this probably a stupid idea!! but here goes anyway, could you bang f#ck out of the tank with a hammer just to take the sharp edgers off then fibreglass over it or even body filler? could be a lot easier than starting from scratch making a new tank.

also it would be funny as f#ck if it goes wrong

nah, will run with the tank it has until squires, then look in to getting a new one made, got some details of some guys in devon that Drewps used for his tracker so will drop it down there some time in september and see what they can do for me.

shame it doesnt have a kickstart, then i could just run a smaller battery and not have to worry about where to put it.