YBR125 Starting problems

holamartin
This post is 3941 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All

I have 2007 YBR125 with intermittent starting problems. I turn on ingnition and fuel pump does not prime so engine doesn't start. Have spoken to other users who have same problem so not uncommon. Does anyone know the solution? Wating 15 minutes then throwing water over it doesnt seem practical !!!!!

Thanks Martin

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I hesitate to say it but if the fuel pump does not work then just replace it seems the only option, unless I'm missing something? Someone on here will probably have a fix for you if you wait around long enough. :jossun:

• 1 month later...

I have a ybr 125 06 model, it runs fine and starts great when cold... as soon as the temperature outside goes above 15 degrees, it will run, then seem as if the bike is not getting fuel and cut out, in cold weather its fine, since the suns come out I cant ride it for more than 5 minutes without it "overheating" and cutting out mid ride, its now causing me to not get to work and they think im at home having a beer in the hot weather! I have considered smashing it up as pushing it 6 miles in the sun is not great fun. Once I park it in the shade for 5 minutes it starts again, then 3 minutes later stops.

Hi All

I have 2007 YBR125 with intermittent starting problems. I turn on ingnition and fuel pump does not prime so engine doesn't start. Have spoken to other users who have same problem so not uncommon. Does anyone know the solution? Wating 15 minutes then throwing water over it doesnt seem practical !!!!!

Thanks Martin

Could be fuel evaporation or a problem with the venting for the tank. Try starting it with the fuel cap off or open. Park it in the shade. and if you can, turn the fuel tap off when you park it.