will dtr 125 be able to pull a 19 tooth sprocket?

dtr1252001
This post is 3965 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I notice that my bike Boggs down at top end with the standard 16:57 set up , I am not trying to get more top end as I know that they aren't designed for 70mph plus , but what I would like is to get more out of each gear and I figure that I would have a wider / more of a power band with the 19 tooth along with just generally more speed / distance in each gear ? Anybody tried this ? Any advice ?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

19 tooth?? That's a bit of a difference from 16 lol

Don't think the sprocket would fit and even if it did the bike would ride slow as shit and wouldn't pull at all in high gears.

I tried 17t and didn't gain anything apart from having to drop down a gear and scream it to get up hills.

Mine is running standard sprockets now and I can get 70mph so happy days for me

Ken

19 tooth?? That's a bit of a difference from 16 lol

Don't think the sprocket would fit and even if it did the bike would ride slow as shit and wouldn't pull at all in high gears.

I tried 17t and didn't gain anything apart from having to drop down a gear and scream it to get up hills.

Mine is running standard sprockets now and I can get 70mph so happy days for me

Ken

thanks buddy well that was a waste of money lol

you are going up too many tooth in 1 go, try 17t instead....

i didnt like it, you get longer in gears but you fight with the bike to keep speed whilst going uphill.

cheers

ken

I think most of us has experimented with different size combination of front/rear sprockets, what you gain in some ways you tend to lose in other ways so I went back to the happy medium. If I remember right from about twenty years ago if you want a faster start at lights you lose top speed, if you want a faster top speed you are slower off the mark at lights etc. And also as said you have to change down more when going up hills.

I should leave that to the experts on race tracks.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online