The Leviathan Project (DT125RE)

Calum122
This post is 2894 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Some guy in portugal lmao! He does a lot of pipes for DT's so probably the best person for it. Although It's going on that TZR Lump :( And NEV has said 'meh' basically to it.

But for the DTR should be wicked.

Oh yeah he ships to the US as well lol I think I read. Cost me £30 to have shipped to the UK. So can only imagine double that for USA for something of that size. But the pipe was a reasonable price. I'll do a GoPro with the pipe on and I have GoPro's of DEP system so can easiy compare.

That pipe is a odd shape to have on a SM and will look outa place/easy to smash up.

Pm sent jeff about hydro forming.

Lol Cal, I wasn't poo pooing it, it will work no doubt with your 4dl block, what I was trying to get through to you is that the Belgarda factory developed the SP engine for a racing series, and therefore the exhaust they used for the 4dl SP will obviously be the best for your engine, and like I said there was 3 types of 4DL bike 4dl1, 4dl2, and 4dl3, and the engine for the SP, was the 4dl3,iirc ( the cylinder head/ barrel that used an 'o' ring, instead of gasket), and 4DL stamped on barrel instead of 3mb, and garibaldi or something similar stamped on barrel, the one they used for that, was the one with the much longer stinger, which I have, and when trying to fit it, found it runs away from the frame too much for my liking, so I have the full DEP system on it at the min, till I decide if I'll fabricate it to fit, or if the DEP runs fine on it I'll keep using the DEP.

4dl1tzra.jpg

4dl2tzra.jpg

4dl3TZRa.jpg

As said I'm just going for more the look tbf. I don't want to be doing tzr speeds on it. I want more a YZ power punch to it. Nice mid range. But also a mean look. Hopefully this will give me that.

I furrow my eyebrows when I want a mean look, lol

I furrow my eyebrows when I want a mean look, lol

Like The Rock?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Yup ~/

Ididn't think I would like it at all but it could grow on me,dosen't look as bad as I thought it would.Just wouldn't want to "case it" on a landing or over a log or say good by pipe. Now the big question how does it sound and is there any performance gain? Had microns on my rz then put toomies on and the sound was 100% better and so was the power band

Cheers fellas!

Received it this morning.

Unfortunately because all my mates sold their bikes I don't go green laning anymore :( But I'll always have my DEP system if I need to go off roading :)

Sorry cal that's no excuse,haha I'm 47 in a few months and I don't have any budys who still dirt most hung up there jerseys years ago but that dosent stop me from going.I still love the fact that I can give it 100% without the MAN busting me,mind my 100% is like 75% compared to the younger guys,but in the senior class I hold my own.

Years ago many years ago LOL I met a guy who was in his late 60's and while he wasn't the fastest guy at our local play pit,BUT he could put down more laps than anyone 1/4 his age,he taught me a few things about bike control and how being smooth is better than ball's out giver till she breaks ridin.

He rode till he died at 74 and always said the same thing"I'd rather be dead than not able to ride" most people his age would be worried about breaking a hip not Ralph,, people always had the same reaction when he pull in to the pits and took of his helmet "WTF your as old as the dirt here how do you do it"

So slap that dep on once and a while and go have fun ,personally I think anyone who hasn't dirted has missed the best part of motorcycling. And the opportunity to expand thier skills.

Yeah. My mate is picking up a DT in the next couple of weeks so should have some more fun.

I was thinking of selling the DEP system but I dunno now. I'll have to see how it goes.

The guy I bought it from is really cool. He's even sent me some maps for my ignition to go with the pipes lmao!

• 2 weeks later...