Thinking of a new bike.

trumpetdude
This post is 3986 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Recently seen a picture of myself on my 98 Divvy 600N and I look like Donkey Kong on a Monkey bike. :( I need something with a bigger frame at least, gotta be naked too.

Really taken with the XJR. Also looking at the CB1300 & ZRX... Neither have to really recent. I'm wondering what else there is out there with similar frame sizes.... Big suzuki's are obviously in there too.

Any suggestions peeps? Ta!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

How about Boss Hoss?

BossHossRad.JPG

Big enough?

I ran an XJR1200 for a few years and have to say it was a great bike. I had absolutely no issues with the bike, other than risking my licence whenever I went out on it :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

I Have to ask WHY NAKED??? & is that the bike or you? cos if it's you I am really not liking the picture in my head right now!!! :rofl::barf:

Ha! Nothing on but a shiny helmet... ;) Ever ridden in Scotland? It's not the wind, rain, sleet, snow etc... Its the bloody midges! Even still, naked bikes all the way. :)

when the street bikes began to seem small, is time for cruisers. :Phttp://www.mcnews.com.au/newbikecatalogue/2003/BMW/R1200_CL/BMW_R1200_CL.htm

Rocker gear change? Urgh!

61bhp? Meh... 1100 Drag does that.

Shaft drive? Cool!

Catalytic converter? WTF for??!!

Not only does it look stupidly massive, all those accessories make it sound like a Goldwing wannabe and the faggoty-gay guy in the CHiPS helmet advertising it don't do it any favours.

It's a 'Cruiser' but it's not even got a V-Twin, FFS - I bet even the quiet purr of a Deauville would drown out this engine!!

Have you considered a Rocket III?

Or would any old bike with the fairing ripped off sufice as 'Naked'? Bandit, Hornet, R6, R1, Blackbird, ZXR or even the VFR... ?

Recently seen a picture of myself on my 98 Divvy 600N and I look like Donkey Kong on a Monkey bike. :( I need something with a bigger frame at least, gotta be naked too.

Really taken with the XJR. Also looking at the CB1300 & ZRX... Neither have to really recent. I'm wondering what else there is out there with similar frame sizes.... Big suzuki's are obviously in there too.

Any suggestions peeps? Ta!

Owning an xj myself I can sympathise but.....it does do around 50 mpg if not slightly more, it weighs less than 200kg and it easily does the maximum speed limit and beyond with reasonably good acceleration

a suitable screen, crash bars, a belly pan, twin silencers and bar end mirrors will help the look - been through this myself and in the end I don't always think the grass is greener, some fast sports bikes are quite diminutive in size.

The XJR 1200 is what I would buy too but I don't think that does much more than 43 mpg and it's quite heavy, don't know, around 225 kg I'd guess. I've also got a prediversion XJ600 and that feels physically bigger, a nice bike actually even if it looks dated nowadays.

If you want mpg get an sr125 they do about 90mpg

post relates to a chap thinking of upgrading from a 600 so i was singing the vitues of the xj600n - a 125 cc would be better still on fuel but the 600 has the advantage of power and relative economy,

personally I can't get too enthusiastic about mpg lower than around 50 even if it means a more exciting/bigger machine as I do a fair mileage, just saying - my own take on the bike size issue :spin2:

Fazer fz6 plate

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online