Finally gone to far

Grouch
This post is 3984 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I don't know why your all having a go at grouch - even the most hardened biker gets disheartened when there bike keeps fucking up!!

If my gear box went on the dt would I split the engine? Nope incase I messed it up I would buy a replacement then strip the old one down so at least the bike is running and I could gain knowledge stripping the broken one.

Everyone's ability levels are different and also there circumstances are different.

Ken

Thanks Ken, it was really bad. This time, I felt liked just setting it on fire in a field this time. The other thing is people taking the piss (not on here) I have become a laughing stock at work and I think now my bosses think I'm making it up to come into work late etc.

Must admit the stick I have got on here has snapped me out of it and persuaded me to sort it and not just give in after all the crap I've put up with. A lot of little things have happened that I haven't even mentioned like it getting vandalised etc.

I know people must be sick of me moaning by now, but I need to vent it somewhere.

Nah its not the ability part. Its the upy downy view to fix it.

Stuff like the puncture........

Granted my old mans a mechanic. God help anyone calling him a fitter but most of the time all i got was. 'Its only nuts and bolts, all you have to do is read the manual'. With that he would go back to the gardening which is his pasion.

Same goes for grouch. He has told us he has the tools. I have had bad bikes and cars in the past. You have to suck it up and carry on.

I have had to ride the tdr through some of the winter with a bad ch/sp set and duff wheelbearings cos the dt blew up and took the spare cash i had.

Be honest anything affecting the lever like that will be in the linkage. So should be a relatively simple fix.

I wii try my hardest to help someone who is willing to try. Even if they know nothing. But the instant generation. Not interested.

Go Grouch Go, about bloody time!! If we can help ASK. I have a feeling that there is not much wrong with it just something slipped or broke in the selector area, all you need to do is look and I bet it will be obvious.

Your not whining or moaning your pissed off with it so show it who's boss by fixing it. Waiting with baited breath for the next instalment. :jossun:

Hold an event for the YOC Members, invite them over for a BBQ/drinks and in exchange we help you tear the XT engine apart/swap the engines over, then when that's sorted we all go for a rideout on some of the wonderfull yorkie roads :)

• Like 1

I like Foamy's suggestion - I'd be up for that!

Get something planned Grouchy.

That's the spirit Grouchy!

For the record, my H*n*a NTV is over 16 years old, has had 9 previous owners, cost me (much) less than a grand and has just passed it's 3rd MOT since I've owned it with a clean sheet - all I've ever done to it was fork seals, a rear brake caliper and standard servicing: oil, filters, plugs, pads & tyres. Age & number of users ain't the problem mate, it's just learning about your bike and it's likely weak spots, then figuring out how to overcome/work around them.

Well groucho! glad to see that your giving it a crack, and like i said in a previous thread "if its broken, then how can you brake it?" so don't be scared of ever taking some thing apart to fix it.

Again, if i can help i will.

good luck mate

Well that sounds like some thing loose to me lol. hey it could be as simple as a dead fox in there. :eusa_whistle::biglaugha:

Broken spring or selector lever, that's why it won't go into gear and there is a rattle? :jossun:

PS it could be a dead fox as well I suppose :biglaugha:

Hold an event for the YOC Members, invite them over for a BBQ/drinks and in exchange we help you tear the XT engine apart/swap the engines over, then when that's sorted we all go for a rideout on some of the wonderfull yorkie roads :)

Sounds good but knowing my luck it would start thundering lighting and the heavens would open up. Hopefully I can open it up and get it sorted.

Update, My bike reached the £605 on eBay but I didn't sell her, was tempted but couldn't go through with it. So I'm going to fix her myself.

SON OF A BITCH!!! I thought you had started it ages ago when you said you were pulling it off of ebay, we have all been waiting to see what the problem was. Right now fix the bloody thing no more "I will do it tomorrow", get the spanners out and take it to bits. If you need any help ASK!!!!!!!!!!! :shakeno:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ