I Are Arrived.

This post is 4001 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm pinky and I am the proud owner of a new, new, brand new, and of course a new XJ6N in the Race Blu colour scheme.

mine2_zps2ecbc2ba.jpg

That one.

Some of you might know me from BCF. Some probably will want to forget me now that I am here. :tounge:

Either way I am here and I might well stay for a bit.

Pinky

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Beautiful bike indeed. Welcome aboard!

welcome Pinky, that bike's Perky :eusa_doh:

:icon_rolleyes:

Cheers for the welcome people. I suppose I best tell you a bit about myself.

Well I have been a bikaholic ever since I was a toddler. Rode an RXS100 when I was 18 or so and had to give up for a lot of years through moving around and lack of fundage. Got myself a Lifan 125 chinese heap 5 years ago. Went DAS 3 years ago and was given a long term loan of a 1991 GSXR750. Last of the oil cooled lumps. Fantastic bike. 6 months later I bought myself a Honda Firestorm. Loved the bike. Still do. Its out back waiting for parts so I can sell her.

I bought the XJ6 last week, picked it up 2 days ago. I wanted the XJ because... well look at it...... And I do most of my riding around town so couldnt justify having the Storm and not using any more than second gear. Add that to the fact I'm almost 40 now and my back isnt what it used to be I wanted something more upright. Then throw in the 20 gallons per mile you get from the Storm. :icon_eek:

Initial thoughts are good. I dont regret swapping the storm. No point having that extra power when I dont use it. This thing seems nippy enough. I'm still getting used to the upright position but I am impressed so far.

Welcome to the YOC Pinky, really NICE bike, glad to have you join in. :jossun: