Good old-fashioned paper maps?

Cylindric
This post is 3970 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Can anyone recommend any paper maps that are particularly good for motorcycle use? It's just for UK really, and I generally use a satnav but thought it would be nice to go back to a paper map in the tank-bag :)

Otherwise I'll just go get any old map off Amazon that fits the size.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I use Ordnance Survey, Landranger maps in the uk. Excellent detail. if you are travelling a fair distance you would need a map covering a greater area. :hyper:

I just use "Handy Maps" there called. Get them for UK and IRL

Small to fit in tank bag and easy to handle when pulled in at side of road.

They have all the small A roads aswell

I cannot remember wha they are called but my mate tom has some good map books in his truck ,had all the .ittle roads for the county they cover in, maybe a little to detailed for riding with in the tank bag window though, I use the Landrangers myself cos they are in the truck, oh and sat nave to get me in the area first

I just use google maps, print the route off that i want then stick it in my pocket. (or if i had a tank bag)

I use the same method as Noise.

I also go into the walk through part of the maps so I can pick out any landmarks that would give me a bearing when I'm close to my destination.

I forget the brand, but you can get a ring-bound A-Z road map of the UK printed on waterproof, tear-proof paper. Comes in various sizes. The wife has one. I prefer my magic box.

so I can pick out any landmarks that would give me a bearing when I'm close to my destination.

You mean pubs! :)

I'm trying to use Google maps to plot a decent run out, from Sheffield to the coast, Scarborough or North Yorkshire etc, and it is a bit of a headache, considering also I can only use the A roads, but try to plot smaller roads along the way. So I was wondering about maps as well.

I just use "Handy Maps" there called. Get them for UK and IRL

Small to fit in tank bag and easy to handle when pulled in at side of road.

They have all the small A roads aswell

Any more detail on Handy Maps please - nothing comes up immediately on google for that.

I use landrander OS 1.50,000 scale but you can quickly run out of map so that a complete bundle are needed if you are going any distance on minorish roads

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online