Yamaha DT50MX

Daniel123
This post is 3992 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have posed this a few times on here and keep getting stupid replys but owell iltry again

rouhly 3 years ago i boughta DT50MX in blue to restore it came with no documents as it was sold as off road use only. Since i have had it i havnt been able to find anything about its like it doesnt exist. I applied for alog book but the DVLA said it has never ben registered (i doubt that) so i could either have it on a Q plat or i need to have evidence of its age for an age related one.

The bike doesnt come up as british model when i check which makes me think its an import which would explain why i cant find anthing aout it i believe th bikeis early 80's this is because it has a nine number vin which if im correct is pre 81? But it has electronic ignition which i believe didn't come in until 82? so this leads me in mess. The frame and engine number match and are 5M6 - 076256 if anyone can shed any light on anything about this bike il be greaful thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have posed this a few times on here and keep getting stupid replys but owell iltry again

rouhly 3 years ago i boughta DT50MX in blue to restore it came with no documents as it was sold as off road use only. Since i have had it i havnt been able to find anything about its like it doesnt exist. I applied for alog book but the DVLA said it has never ben registered (i doubt that) so i could either have it on a Q plat or i need to have evidence of its age for an age related one.

The bike doesnt come up as british model when i check which makes me think its an import which would explain why i cant find anthing aout it i believe th bikeis early 80's this is because it has a nine number vin which if im correct is pre 81? But it has electronic ignition which i believe didn't come in until 82? so this leads me in mess. The frame and engine number match and are 5M6 - 076256 if anyone can shed any light on anything about this bike il be greaful thanks

this is your first post on here so how?

"I have posed this a few times on here and keep getting stupid replys but owell iltry again"

May be better if you post an intro thread, just so we can get to know you and your bike e.t.c.

Also im assuming you are referring to the CDI ('black box') ignition?, if so then i think they came in much later, around '87ish. i have 2 1983 DTs and a 1982 and they are all on points, if your bike truly is pre-81 then it wont be a DT50MX as they did not start production until 1981

And saying hello in the newbies section as a first post helps tremendously.

If you have a "bitsa" then it can be registered on a Q plate only. The only other alternative is to make it standard and, after a few hurdles, get a proper age related plate. There are lots of people who like to help here and I can't understand why you would get stupid answers.

this is your first post on here so how?

"I have posed this a few times on here and keep getting stupid replys but owell iltry again"

Hi I presume you are trying to get this road registered, your best bet would be to see if you can get an HPI check done on the frame number which in turn should give you the original reg number allowing you to apply for the logbook, I hope this helps.

thanks for the replys and i had to make a new account couldnt remember my other password thats why this was my first post on this account all i need to do is have dating evidence for its age and i was told i would be able to find it on here but havnt found anything i need to proove its age as the DVLA says that it has never been registered so it would be the first registration so if i want an age related plate i need the evidence but i don't really know what they are after thanks

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online