New XJ6 Diversion - any preventative maintenance or tips?

Cylindric
This post is 3998 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi folks,

Picking up my new XJ6 Diversion tomorrow, and was wondering if there is anything I should be doing to keep it tip-top.

My previous learner YBR suffered some pretty bad pitting and exhaust rusting in just 5000 miles, but I know it is a more cheaply constructed bike.

I've heard of people going to town with ACF-50, is that something I should be looking into?

It'll be used for a daily 2x30min commute in whatever the Surrey weather can throw at me :-)

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ive just clocked up 5K since January (Mostly Basingstoke to Dorking commute approx 45 mile each way)

The XJ6N appears to have needed very little.

I do have a Scott Oiler fitted.

I've only cleaned it a couple of times and then WD40'd the obvious bits, topped up a wee bit of oil.

And I topped up the coolant (mostly because I had no clue through the 'view panel' what the level was lol)

Keep the swingarm clean. It's steel and box-section and older yamahas have a history of these rusting through, where they are fitted.

Hi all,

Just registered, first post!

Cylindric- How are you getting on with your new XJ6?

Traded in my trusty 03 Bandit (kept for over 8 years) for a new black XJ6-N yesterday at the Motorbike shop, Farnborough. Had a long ride on their test machine around Ash/Guildford/Woking and loved it. Going to be used mainly for commute between Guildford and Addlestone.

Cheers

Tezza

• Like 1

Yeh cylndr"y Wind blast on naked bikes takes its toll. :eusa_whistle: has yours a small screen,,,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online