Led indicators for dt 125

ahaywood93
This post is 3980 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What happens if you connect the original flasher relay? Does it just change the flash rate or does it work?

Have you changed modified or changed the idiot light on the dash?

If you only have 1 for both sides then electrically all4 are connected. Its only the resistance of the bulbs causing only one side to work. Because there is not the power to actually light the other bulbs. Led's obviously need so little power they work fine.

You need to alter the wiring in the instrument cluster.

The 2 feeds need connecting together with one way diodes in each then connect to the bulb. The remaining connection goes to earth.

the old relay just dont work and i was riding to the shop to get some elecy tape and the bottom end went bang along with the top end, indicators are at the bottom of the list now

Wow. How did you manage that.

pulled out of this carpark went down the road not even half the speed limit and it just blew half the piston and con rod in my exhaust and its ripped the inside of the barrel getting it re bored monday and a new piston kit for 60 quid and getting a new crank and bearings ill fit them tuesday

Crikey any idea of the cause...

dont have a clue the piston was too badly damaged to find the cause think the crank had just had its life and gave up its got 66k on the clock i dont know how many are original miles

66k. Fair enough. That would be good for a 125 4st on a dt its unbelievable.

Yeah i dont know how many are actual mileage but im guessing alot i can only find a top racing crank its an orignal replacment but they quote its of a better quality do u know if there any good i used there make on my speedfight crank and that was good but its only a 50cc i dont know how it would be in a 125

Never needed a crank myself. Will yours not rebuild.

Thats odd. Kind of self defeating.

Whats the cost of a new crank then.

Thats ok money for a better part... Who makes it you didnt say.

Before you go and buy a Top Racing crank, have a read of this, not trying to put you off, but forewarned is forearmed so to speak,

There have been other accounts of them being substandard, but this one came to hand,

http://dt125r.activeboard.com/t49017647/ahhh-so-thats-why-it-went-bang/

Need permission to see it.......

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online