Boner75

XT500?

Wouldn't mind one of these either...

Watching a few on FleaBay, but would prefer to go private sale.

Anyone know of anything?

Cheers - Boner.

Aye boner"couple of years go ther were bargains, not now , :eusa_snooty: ,, they"re prices are spiraling upwards , import rules are changing, so be aware. Tommy 10 bikes has a few good XT"s ,, he done an article in Motorcycle Mechanics last month, :thumb:

• Like 1

Aye boner"couple of years go ther were bargains, not now , :eusa_snooty: ,, they"re prices are spiraling upwards , import rules are changing, so be aware. Tommy 10 bikes has a few good XT"s ,, he done an article in Motorcycle Mechanics last month, :thumb:

Hi Blackhat , its been a few months now , last year even.

img093.jpg

This is this months Classic bike and i must say more fun than an XT.

pass006_zps0f7048ac.jpg

Boner dont be afraid to take on a restoration project as it may pay dividends, there is a 77 on ebay at the moment

which is 5k at the moment , good price if you are selling but not so if your buying.

Plenty of parts from Yamaha dealership and kedo that offer replacement side panels and mudguards.

Pick a model a that you like and just keep looking, i have a few XTs and thought an xt500 would be good to own,

its the best thing i have done and enjoy riding the TT more than the XTs.

If you have any questions just ask.

Tommy10bikes

• Like 2

I have wanted one ever since I watched Serpico on the TV. Drove to the Lincolnshire coast a while ago to look at one but it had a different front end. I made an offer but we never got to a deal.

Thanks guys.

Went and rode a friends XT500 last night. Had been sat in the shed forever - proper rusty nail!

Fired on the 3rd kick. Haven't had this much fun on a bike for years!!!

Have been reading CB's article on the TT - just makes me want one more.

There are a couple of cheaper ones on eBay - I'm not fussed about mint condition, or matching bits, just want to get out and ride! Trouble is they're all bloody miles away!

The search goes on...

Cheers - Boner.

Yes but there defo keepers, i like the TT more than the Xt, maybe because they go better and

wake every village up i go through on the way to work.

Wheelie easy as well.

Ask a few TT owners on a few XT forums and see what they say.

Im of on the East Kirkby bike run this Saturday and im off on the TT

as its more of a hoot.

TTB

Have been reading CB's article on the TT -

Yip :yeah: thats Tommy.Ten Bikes, [Mark] mays edition of Classic Bike,,,

Have been reading CB's article on the TT -

Yip :yeah: thats Tommy.Ten Bikes, [Mark] mays edition of Classic Bike,,,

Did i ever say what my next project is going to be, im on with a Honda TL125 and another yellow TT500.

I have a tank being made at the moment and have a 77 registered XT frame so that i can knock one of these out.

DSC_1525.jpg

DK0361.jpg

TTB :hyper:

A daker special" :eusa_clap: ,,,,,,, :yeah:

Have been offered an XT for £1400, it looks clean, but very non standard, 29k on the clock too.. Is that big mileage for one of these?

Boner

Have been offered an XT for £1400, it looks clean, but very non standard, 29k on the clock too.. Is that big mileage for one of these?

Boner

Yes its enough millage and i would suspect maybe its been rebored at least once, still cheap £1400 but it depends on if

your going to want it original, cost up a full OEM exhaust , rear light , rear mudguard , clocks , and shocks

your talking 1k, so trying to make a for a nice original could be expensive.

If its on its original crank it maybe noisy on the little ends as there are no cage bearings only coated little end,

you may also find the clutch basket has wear.

I cant comment on the bike in question but it all depends on money available , and your general requirements.

TTB

• Like 1

on the little ends as there are no cage bearings only coated little end,

TTB

Never knew that" is there an oilway to lube it then, is it a bronze bush,or what,,,

had a xt550. Could not even kick it over :madflame: . sold it, saved leg for another day.

Two weeks back saw a xt350 on a d plate.

Just that second been listed on ebay 6days 23hours page refresh and it was there.

Looked tidy and very clean been stood 7 years. Spark and good compression

bid 99p with reserve or BIN 200.

Straight away knew that there was easy £500 profit.

Hit the bin button. Seller wants immediate payment via Paypal.

Ok not i problem logs in, fcuk remembers did not change expired card yet. Double fcuk don't have wallet on me.

Ask mate if he had funds in his bank he dint. Treble fcuk.

Makes way back literary from say the shop at squires to the entrance gate i run home, 5 minuets max. Log back in and bugger me some numpty started bidding. it was now 250 quid with nearly a week to go. To say i turned the air blue would be an under statement :madflame::madflame::madflame:

Then a week later i was having a afternoon playing in traffic in harrogate and stuck in traffic as i made progress through the jam was the same bike in a trailer heading to its new home. Better than it looked in the pictures. You win some you lose some but in my mind i had lost £500+ when in fact id lost nothing.

Lesson learned and i now have a dedicated "free enterprise" bank/paypal account squirreled away just for any more sure finds.

Only an oil way and coated in the little end , no bearing or bushes so if the little ends gone

It's anew rod.

TTB

Thanks for all the help guys - Boner.