DT in distress part 3!

wild foamy
This post is 3289 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Its alive :) (click for video)

th_VIDEO0005_zps229a8ca6.jpg

Although my clocks are wired for a different loom, so that needs to be changed, they are wanting around £40 for a used set in bad shape on fleabay so im going to end up rewiring the lights on my existing one for the oil warning light (which isnt used on my loom) to fucntion as a high beam light for the time being.

Also, when i indicate right the horn buzzes in time with the flashes... have double checked the wiring on the horn (pink and brown, giggity) and the wiring on the flasher unit (brown/white and brown/black) so that needs further investigation :/, and the expansion pipe that was supposed to be good is leaking from around the manifold and has a hole in it :(

Wahay" it sounds great,,,, gonna be a few blue DT"s at squires this year,,, :jossun:

By the way , N.O.S . DT50 seat cover on flea b. £12

Wahay" it sounds great,,,, gonna be a few blue DT"s at squires this year,,, :jossun:

By the way , N.O.S . DT50 seat cover on flea b. £12

just seen the seat cover, too bad i already bought one, £20 from portugal...

there may be a few blue DTs, but mine will be the only 50 probably!

Cheers peeps, felt really good to have the donkey up and running again.

Now for the bad news, since the military have been dragged in to bail out the governments shortfall with regards to the UKs flooding im not going to be around for a few weeks, so no more tinkering with the donkey :(

Side panel has arrived back home, fork gators have also arrived, rear wheel is at home, got another spanny to fit and an engine case for the XT... just need this rain to hurry up and f*ck off so i can get back to the workshop and get it finished! :shakeno:

Maybe i should just sell all my bikes and build an ark :crazy:

side panel painted, new spanny fitted, rear wheel is on with the ma-hoo-sive 3.00x18 rear tyre (seriously, ive seen bicycles with bigger tyres than that!) and best of all the fork gators actually look proportionate to the spaghetti forks! :hyper: cheers Paul!

however, on the first test ride it seems that the gear lever and/or shaft have worn splines so now it just slips :( gonna need to sort that out then...

will post some pics later in the week.

• Like 1

however, on the first test ride it seems that the gear lever and/or shaft have worn splines so now it just slips :( gonna need to sort that out then...

The welder " ------------- :grin:

• 4 weeks later...

The DVLA have been kind enough to release the V5C to me! :)

turns out my new donkey is on an F-reg! and has been off the road since 1998!

Foams if a new shift lever wont fix the problem,and you dont want to pull the shifter shaft drill a 1/8 in hole and put a split roll pin in,ive done it to hundreds of bikes way better than welding as you can knock the roll pin out to change the seal.