Castrol 2 stroke Oil Recall

jimmy
This post is 3982 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

A lad in a DTR forum had some in his bike, he posted this up

"ok update, phoned Castrol and I have the recalled batch, anyway they are paying for a new oil change in my bike drained out of the system and also an inspection of my engine at my local Honda dealer, I still have the plastic bottle with some of the affected oil, they were very helpful and if there is damage they will rectify so all good so far, he did say that its a precautionary recall, the affected oil is made in Italy and a batch came to uk."

Just read the update to this post, thought I'd put it up on here too, so you could have a chuckle too,

"well update , they tested my oil and it was fine, crescent motorcycles said my bike was fine as well, and today I received a cheque from Castrol for £168 , 68 for the costs like postage and new oil from crescents and 100 for my inconvenience , in all fairness Castrol have been really good, they arranged the RAC to collect my bike and paid for everything without any probs."

Bloody good result I'd say!

Now that is good customer service right there, a company who generates a lot money actually spending money on a customer-that is very rare.....

Ken

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online