HELP!!! (Yamaha Documents)

Grave
This post is 4009 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi folks,

not sure if this is the right room for this question but desperate times call for desperate measures.

the time for shipping my XVS1100 from Australia to UK is fast approaching and have just been hit with another documentation request.

DVLA say they would like a document to confirm the year of the bike as the VIN plate may not be enough on the off-chance it has been tampered with (it was a private buy so no dealer receipt) and if i cannot produce this "back-up evidence" then i may have to register it as a Q plate.

i do have copies of the QLD transport dept paperwork which has the year on it (2006) but am now being told that they dont count as it was me who had to give them that info in the first place.

any/all offers of assistance, sources of knowledge or silent prayers would be greatly appreciated.

VINsmall.jpg

year of manufacture evidence? according to the DVLA it isn't!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Try Yamaha UK to see if they will give some sort of letter explaining the VIN plate details are correct.

get an "engineer" to inspect the bike and confirm its identity by letter.

had to do this for the tracker when I changed from 250 to 400

Hey,

I'm helping my pal import his Toyota just now and the most important doc required seems to be a certificate of conformity which should be supplied by the manufacturer's agent from the appropriate country. Obviously in your case this would be Yamaha Australia. You should also have a registration document, or equivalent, which should in it's own right confirm the bike's age.

Without these docs it's going to make the process more difficult but as Preload mentioned Yamaha themselves may be able to help?

Good luck with this! It seems at first like a huge amount of paper is required but it will all come together eventually.

Davie.

Hey,

I'm helping my pal import his Toyota just now and the most important doc required seems to be a certificate of conformity which should be supplied by the manufacturer's agent from the appropriate country. Obviously in your case this would be Yamaha Australia. You should also have a registration document, or equivalent, which should in it's own right confirm the bike's age.

Without these docs it's going to make the process more difficult but as Preload mentioned Yamaha themselves may be able to help?

Good luck with this! It seems at first like a huge amount of paper is required but it will all come together eventually.

Davie.

hi mate,

thanks for the pointers. i did spend a rather fruitless couple of weeks chasing a CoC document which turned out to be the one document that i dont need as the conformity approval number is actually stamped on the VIN plate in my case. also in QLD theres a weird situation where the transport dept here dont have any information on a vehicle other than what you tell them and given that they dont have a logbook system either it has been a challenge to say the very least.

i can now report however that thanks to a few key people i am now in the position of having just about everything i need so all going well myself and my bike should be on home soil within weeks.

on the plus side (if all goes well) i am now well versed in the whole process of moving a vehicle from QLD to the UK so anyone looking for assistance in the future need only to give me a shout so long as they already have an excess of patience, a big box to keep the mountain of paperwork required in, more patience, a good shipping agent and most importantly of all a rather large helping of patience.

if i remember rightly it took me about 4 weeks of on-going paperwork for the visa required to move from UK to Australia. its now taken me 5 weeks of on-going paperwork to get my own bike from Australia to the UK. hence the amount of patience needed.

Grave(ly lacking in patience)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online