Unmarked Police Bikes

littlej
This post is 3987 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Chester are now using unmarked Police bikes. This morning I saw a red Honda. Its blues are built into the rear light and the indicators on the fairing.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yer i think some where up country there is a police officer that goes out on Sundays on a standard sports bike only armed with a radio (no blues n twos) and follows bikers that are speeding etc and radios through to a marked car to stop in a lay by on the road they are on to pull you over. The police officer on the bike just carries on riding for its next target.

Seen this on Emergency bikers on Channel 5

sneaky bastards! reminds me of this one guy who got caught out like that, i know of this story as it took place pretty much up the road from me:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1320560/Mechanic-lives-risk-riding-superbike-150mph-escapes-prison.html

Please forgive me for linking to the daily fail, but it's the only place i can find the story :eusa_eh:

'The officer considered stopping the chase for safety reasons as he was traveling at 120 miles per hour,' Mr Edwards said. 'But the police officer felt that he had a public duty to stop the motorcyclist because other motorists could be put in danger.

^Public duty my ass, more then likely he wanted the reason to fly about on his own bike...... :eusa_snooty:

encase you didn't know, the north wales police are not too fond of motorbikes

Had unmarked police bikes in Hampshire for a while. One was recently involved in an accident in Southampton.

i once raced an unmarked police car from the lights through radcliff, when asked if the dayglo coats they were wearing didn't arouse suspicion,

i said sorry i thought you were just a pair of gays :eusa_doh: fortunately they had a sence of humour ,told me to slow down or il end up in a cell with a boy named sue , then let me go on my way. :spin2:

If people are stupid enough to reach silly speeds on busy roads then they are asking to get caught. Always make sure you know the road and that there is no one about.

Chester are now using unmarked Police bikes. This morning I saw a red Honda. Its blues are built into the rear light and the indicators on the fairing.

its been in the local rag here , the police are having a big crackdown on speeding bikers in cheshire didn't mention unmarked bike though thanks for the heads up. I go to Chester a lot cos its only about 20 mins away well maybe 30 with the crackdown :biglaugha:

oh shut up , thats why you got a bike in the first place.

If I got my bike for the sole purpose of riding like a dickhead I still wouldn't have it because I would be dead or have lost my licence

saying that tho Grouch with the dramas you been having with your bike im sure 25mph feels like an un safe speed for you. :eusa_whistle::biglaugha:

They use them near Squires cafe in North Yorkshire too (remember for Sept!)

saying that tho Grouch with the dramas you been having with your bike im sure 25mph feels like an un safe speed for you. :eusa_whistle::biglaugha:

Nah the bike is running fine now, was a bit apprehensive about redlining after my rear wheel bearings on the bypass. But over it now.

+1 :madflame:

Brown nose

Exactly why i like small bikes. I can rag them at my limit and still get nothing more than a couple of points and a bollocking.

Far better than risking everything being bored at anything under 3 figures. Which is what started to happen on my old 600.

oh shut up , thats why you got a bike in the first place.

your playing with fire! don't mess with grouch :1poke: you know yer gonna breakdown now don't you

• Like 1

They use them near Squires cafe in North Yorkshire too (remember for Sept!)

when riding in a multi-bike cavalcade the police are going to take some stopping us and identifying the correct bike

hey here is a Q if you get caught by a speedo van, whilst driving towards it - how do they know who you are, or do they also snap a shot of the back of the bike when you pass? ....if i lean back just right i can cover top line of my reg with my left hand ;) hahhahaa