ah shite, not again -.-

wild foamy
This post is 4000 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Nah that sounds like effort, plus ive never really been a fan of hacked bikes, too many people have done it.

aslong as i can get the barrel out and cut a key blank to fit with the pins in (shouldnt be too hard, worked on the XJ alright), then if it starts i will give it a quick coat of paint, buff the plastics and i may even put it through an MOT if nothing needs doing then flog it on, ive already got a battery on order and bought a new indicator lens for £2.50, from the photos all i can see that is missing are the rear indicators.

if it doesnt run i will break it for parts, would be such a shame to let a near-complete classic bike go to waste, but tbh i really dont want/need it

Hope it does run but if not I'd be interested in some spare bits!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well it isnt actually that bad, just needs a good clean as it looks like its been sat in a hedgerow for the past few year,

needs a new front mudguard, a battery and a key but thats about it, 32k on the clock and pretty much all complete :)

Well it isnt actually that bad, just needs a good clean as it looks like its been sat in a hedgerow for the past few year,

needs a new front mudguard, a battery and a key but thats about it, 32k on the clock and pretty much all complete :)

Sounds like you got a winner there! Almost as good as my £500 SR!! Perhaps I should get pissed before buying my next bike?

i wouldnt reccomend it, having said that atleast i have some fun doing what i do with cheap/disposable bikes :).

that SR though, i can tell is going to be a pandoras box... fuel tap is stuck in reserve position, no keys to get into the tank, if i can cut one to fit no doubt the tank will be rusted from the inside,, the clutch is stuck in the "pulled in" position so i cant bumpstart it, to free that up is probably going to be a split cases job e.t.c, aslong as i can get it to run i will be happy because that saves me having to strip the top end

:hah:

F*CK I was fancying that myself

Not...yer mad...mad I tells ya :crazy:

Woke up to a very nice email from eBay today, "you have won the auction for..."

Meet the new project... 'Mong' :/

1983-SR125_zps92a4b61d.jpg

SR125_zps0a9a469a.jpg

Hopefully this one will be a quick turn-around.

You no what, for the price of a few cheap custom bits and pieces I would BOB that bike, get rid of the seat, rear fender, grab rail and speedo cowl, add a single bobber seat, low fender off something, spray tank and fenders semi gloss black, get rid of those crappy mirrors and the chain guard, add mini indicators, and if the spokes and wheels are rusty spray them black as well, you will make more money that way because it will have more appeal.

i probably could have broken it for parts and got my money back, but it was quite enjoyable getting it all scrubbed up and looking good, hopefully if it sells i can get my money back for it and maybe a little more to go towards my next project, MOT in a couple of weeks :):hyper:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online