xswilz

springers wanted for 1977 xs650

hello there bit of a newb to this,,springers needed for 1977 hardtail bobber/chop project for less than 400 quid in the uk cheers

Welcome to the forum.

Stick the ad in the classified section as well (I think it is free for Pro members). Link here LINKY

• Like 1

thanks mate

Good luck with this mate, Ive been after a Springer for less than £500 but every time a set pops up some one else grabs them. i know a chap who will sell a set of brand new DNA's for £545 ish

Enlighten us you chopper freaks" :headbang: the only springer av heard of is a Spaniel.. :bag:

Nasty old style forks john.

The wheel spindle is part of a pivot that moves a rod connected to springs up near the headstock.

Fucking awful aside from being pretty with lots of stuff to polish.

Fitted to most early bikes. Esp hardly worthits.

Nasty old style forks john.

The wheel spindle is part of a pivot that moves a rod connected to springs up near the headstock.

Fucking awful aside from being pretty with lots of stuff to polish.

Fitted to most early bikes. Esp hardly worthits.

yeah pretty fucking aesthetics! awfull in another persons OPINION! whatever your into building chops coz ya cant work and had your license taken of of you coz of EPILEPSY maybe! and need to keep the mind occupied before you go buy something stupid like a tdr thats worth more than all the bikes put together or something espesialy harldy worthits like the 77 cb750 chop i sold last year for 3and a half grand a 88 tdr would fetch more or maybe a shit dt from the 80s as 80s are the classic era !!!!or rc and plastic little toys,, sarcasm love it ,,,pure haters why? why go on and slag some shit down without atleast saying in your opinion,,,,,fucking some grown ups just make conversation even if deep down they know what springer forks are but a bit of banter or whatever,,,but you get some idiot who thinks they are being clever,,but being a hater instead! some try and be serious (with a serious question) but you always get the ass,,,so fucking what its your opinion,,,who gives a shit? just like noise mate i say the same d.i.l.l.i.g.a.f

Sounds like you do G.A.F. man. I'm sure it was all in good fun and no offense meant. :shrug:

So... are these springers?

http://webdesignbysacha.com/yamaha/pops03.jpg

Sounds like you do G.A.F. man. I'm sure it was all in good fun and no offense meant. :shrug:

So... are these springers?

http://webdesignbysacha.com/yamaha/pops03.jpg

yeah them are springers,,old looking harley 50s? yeah a little bitter i think from having to give up license,and the weathers decided to be fair!

Yes it was an opinion.

I have ridden a springer and i thought it was truly truly awful skipping and bouncing around. But pretty with plenty to polish.

I also consider your very focused and insulting statement unnessesary on this forum.

yeah them are springers,,old looking harley 50s? yeah a little bitter i think from having to give up license,and the weathers decided to be fair!

Sux to lose a license at all I'm sure. And sounds like the circumstances aren't something preventable so that's gotta be even tougher. That's my dad's bike. I've always heard it's a 1940 flathead. ?? Here's hoping you find the springers you're looking for... pops isn't gonna give his up I'm sure. :)

Im with cynic with this dude, bit ott. I love springers and I am still considering a set once I get my frame built. Yes they handle like a curry shit in your hand and are more of a look at me set of forks, but hey thats what I and some other member of the life's throw back clubs like! Lol.

Take things on the chin mate, come back with better sarcasm and dont flip the lid too quick.

Wow " what have i started,, :kissflowers: ,, be cool , what damping do they have then, .i"v seen some britt iron with this set -up .

Here you go. some thing to read over a few cups of tea :biglaugha: tells you all you need to know about a springer

http://www.chopperhandbook.com/rockers.htm