New lad from Ireland and his xvs125

cade
This post is 4023 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Good day folks, well it is here at least, which probably means I should be expecting snow tomorrow, what with the randomness of weather Ireland encounters :D

I drive a Yamaha Dragstar xvs125, which I've had since I was twenty one, I'm twenty eight now and it's still doing me well, its recently passed the 42000Km mark so I wouldn't say I've done much driving on it in the years.

I've ridden a few other bikes since such as a Racing Aprilia 125, a Lexmoto xtr125, a Sinnis Vista 125, all my little brothers bikes, as you can imagine none of these have tempted me to part with my dragstar in the least.

My only experience riding a larger bike has been on a Honda CB400 Super Four which I needed to rent to take my driving test as Ireland has a minimum size restriction of 250cc on which the test must be conducted. I'll admit that I did love the difference in the drive, so I've been thinking of getting myself a Yamaha FZ6.

I do all my own maintenance,like many of you I'm sure. I usually get my dad to give me a hand too even though I can manage on my own, it's sort of bonding thing and as he used to have a few bikes around thirty years ago rekindles his interest each time.

Anyhow, this is what's led me to this fine area of the web, we're currently in the process of changing the piston rings and find ourselves in need of a workshop manual for certain specifics. Naturally I've done a search through the site and understand the copyright laws preventing links to such unauthorised material remaining active, but it'd help me immensely, and effectively get me back on the road after a few months of downtime, if someone could point me in the right direction to obtaining a copy of one, or if someone could share one with me that'd be even better.

Many thanks, and I look forward to engaging in the community.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome cade" the FZ6 is a great bike,,,, well done on 7 years with the Draggy,,, :yeah:

:welcome: to the YOC!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online