The Winner Is.................

Grouch
This post is 3995 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Keeping the XT even when I get my full licence, I'll only get a grand for her so I'd rather keep her. Possibly use for winter.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I bet the blokes at the garage have a right laugh between them at my mishaps, they see me every other week.

Na grouch"o ,, my mate has a garage, and thers lots of folk like you, its a learning curve, folk come in with bulbs blown etc, fk me ther was a guy brought a beule in , wouldnt start, plugs fouled after 5 mins, [ even new plugs] emptied the fuel out, it was beetroot red. loads of RedX, asked him why,,,, someone told him it stabilized fuel over winter,,

So thers loads of inexperienced owners,,,

Talking of fuel ,, he has noticed , Fuel injected bikes have no dificulties starting , after sitting all winter , and carburator bikes , most need drained, [ ethinol] fuel goes stale,,,

Na grouch"o ,, my mate has a garage, and thers lots of folk like you, its a learning curve, folk come in with bulbs blown etc, fk me ther was a guy brought a beule in , wouldnt start, plugs fouled after 5 mins, [ even new plugs] emptied the fuel out, it was beetroot red. loads of RedX, asked him why,,,, someone told him it stabilized fuel over winter,,

So thers loads of inexperienced owners,,,

Talking of fuel ,, he has noticed , Fuel injected bikes have no dificulties starting , after sitting all winter , and carburator bikes , most need drained, [ ethinol] fuel goes stale,,,

its the exposure to air which fecks up the fuel. the fuel injection system is totally sealed, hence no issues

That's nothing in my first week of riding I spent half hour trying to work out why each time I put her in gear she stalled. It was then I remembered my instructor saying how he had looked a complete dickhead doing the same cos he had forgotten to raise the side stand!! Not done it again though!

One of my most hated word in relation to bikes, 'puncture'. I went through a phase two years ago when for a stretch of six months I got a puncture once a month. I'd no choice but to drive down this dodgy road to college and it was constantly littered with rubbish. One week a washing machine, the next three bags of fertiliser.... :shakeno: . Still, soul destroying it was and made me rather paranoid about cornering as I kept second guessing the handling on my bike and wondering if the bike would slip out on me.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online