You can't make this shit up!

Grouch
This post is 4025 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Bikes fucked again, I am so pissed off now with the fucking thing I could cry. I have an idea what's wrong but will reveal the answer tomorrow when the garage have looked at it. The winner of my competition will be announced.

That's my Cagiva Mito postponed, I am really pissed off, I have just spent £600 on the fucking thing and thought I was going to be ok for a while. I don't think it's serious but still going to cost.

But as always I will continue putting my faith in her and never entertain the idea of getting a car.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Damn Grouch! That is some shit luck. :shakeno:

That is really bad news mate.

Fix it, get it home, sell it and buy another. A 2 stroke this time.

I know it's the right time of year to sell it and get a good price, but I can't do it knowing how much cash I have spent on her.

Sod the sympathies.......

What was it.................?

Sorry to hear that mate.

I kinda agree with DT. Cut your losses and get rid mate, you'll just spend more dough on it. I wouldn't go for a 2 smoke tho'. They need a bit more care and attention and by your own admission you dont have enough time to work on the bike. Although with the newer smokes you just need to keep your eye on the oil tank and rad bottle

There are 2 things that kill 2 strokes.

Cheap oil and not being used properly. I dont mean ragging them to death either. Ridden at 3/4 revs on good throttle and you could get 20 maybe even 25k from a healthy 2stroke.

Then its only a quicky top end rebuild. Comparing that to servicing all that crap on the top of a plodder prob comes out in the smokies favour.

Chugging round off power or riding it like a racer will kill em stone dead though.

You would be making a massive loss if you do sell it though. What you have to consider and what many have said is that your bike is more or less brand new since most of the parts have been replaced. Sooner or later, you're going to get to a point where there would be no reason for your bike to break down (touch wood), just need to get through this spill of bad luck I guess.

I'm also curious to know what actually went wrong this time and why you made the decision to take it straight to the garage instead of a diagnosis on this forum.

Going to have to side with jimmy here and say that getting a two stroke might not be a good idea at this point. If you're have trouble taking care of your own, chances are you'll go through a lot more pain, suffering and money.

Stop bashing the smoky.........

The only difference is the motor. Its everything else grouchy has krackerd.

Fk me Grouch"o.. i know how you feel ,, that dam illiminator i have ,, pissed fuel outa carbs last week ,[ as buyer arrived] no sale

. so fuck it av fitted new floats and valves... its been a bitch of a bike too. now fans stopped workn, :eusa_doh:

But anithin with moving parts will wear ,,, :smash:

Only a retard would sell a bike after plowing over a grand into it. It is something small but I can't be exact as to hat it is until I take her to the garage. Was meant to go today but was too busy.

Sorry guys but I was at my Grandads funeral in a seaside town where he retired to. Booked into a B&B because I knew I wanted a good old drink. Back home now and taking it up in an hour or so so as soon as I know I will update. I have my suspensions but as you know I'm no mechanic so not 100%.

Sorry to hear about your Grandad Grouch, as for your bike "WHAT COULD GO WRONG" as you seem to have repaired or replaced everything that moves or comes off??? If you didn't have bad luck you would have no luck. Hope it's not to expensive and that this is THE LAST time the bugger lets you down, you can't sell it now you will have to wait till it becomes a classic or vintage before you get your money back should be about 25 to 30 years from now, wrap it in cling film and store it at the back of your garage till 2043 (that's not a quarter to 9 either) :jossun:

Thanks Slice, I won't ever sell it now, once I move up engine sizes I will be doing exactly what you said and putting it into storage.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online