DTR-125. YZ 125

BillyBennett
This post is 4001 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So I own a Dtr-125 and I'm looking to get like a real offroad racing bike like a yz or ktm.

I want to know if I would be able to handle the power of the YZ or KTM. I've been riding for eight years but only in woods and fields. I've rode 85's, they have got a kick but I find them small bikes and it will be easy for me to grow out of it.

So simple question, if I can ride a DTR-125 would I be able to ride a YZ-125?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

YES why not after 8 years i'd be looking for more cc i Learned on a 250cc . if i were you i'd get down to my local bike shop and sit on one, if it feels right. go and buy one, good luck and happy riding

But I'm only 14, and I'm about 180cm tall. I'm real confident on most bikes. Also as I'm young I don't have money to buy different cc bikes so I try to stick to one but I've rode my friends bikes (like 85's) but ill go down to my local motocross shop and take a look at 125cc

Yeh a yz250 may kill you. Seriously, people dont realise how much power/how snappy they are. It's not like a 250 trail bike....

A yz 125 should be a cool bike that you can grow into mate,

Well cheers guys, anyone know the height of a yz 125 big wheel? I will get a new bike soon and I'll take a photo of my new bike to show you guys! Thanks for your help. I'm either getting a YZ or KTM

Hey Billy the seat height is 990mm,if money is no option then the King Till Monday is a slightly better bike,but when it come to buying parts your pockets better be deep.Parts for a ktm are dear. And only a skilled rider could realy tell the difference ,and the difference in price will buy quite a few parts for the Yamaha.

Everyone I know who bought a KTM sold it and went back to a jap bike,just because of parts costs.

I'm planning on buying a fairly recent bike like 2009. I'm not showing off but I come from a wealthy family but I have to work hard to get money but I'm going to listen to you and I'm now drifting towards a YZ. Thanks mate

If you are only fourteen I would go for the yz, KTM stands for king til Monday because it will last till then, then break down lol Keep Taking Money is their real name.... But in all seriousness the YZ is a much better start point in my opinion