Help wanted Xvs 400 wont start

growls
This post is 4014 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok it stopped running, then I was ill so it's been standing for a while and it wont start.

Hooked it up to the car battery today just in case the battery was duffy even though it said it was charged. There is a spark as I tested the plugs against the engine casing. There is fuel going as far as the carbs as the pump appears to be working at least it was pumping fuel into a bucket when I disconnected the house into a bucket.

It simply wont catch though even with choke. The carb needles dont seem to be sliding when we tried a little fuel into the top of them.

As far as I can see fuel either isnt going past the carbs or I havent a clue. Any one got any ideas if it is the carbs any idea what it is likely to be *?

cheers

*side stand switch even though I have pushed the switch in

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Has the float bowls got fuel in them? ,,, beast pull them off , take carbs off and clean pilots etc,, :yeah:

it's had new plugs , found a video on you tube on xvs carbs , well try cleaning them this week end.

more than likely I will have to buy another set of carbs!

Thanks for the offer , but Im down south from you in pie eater country. Just wondering if i can someone with one would bunging it in a ultrasonuc cleaner work. to save me having to take it to bits.

cheers

It's ALIVVE!!!! - sort of nearly mayb. at least go the engine to fire for a while there may be other problems as it was spluttering and back fireing and dying when you opneed the throttle but at least theres progress.

ok its starting at least, woud crap in the carbs explain why its runnign like a dog and got very bad dead spots in the throttle plus spluttering and backfiring like its about to explode ?

Im confused mechanically its had nothign done to it except being stood still.

ok its starting at least, woud crap in the carbs explain why its runnign like a dog and got very bad dead spots in the throttle plus spluttering and backfiring like its about to explode ?

Im confused mechanically its had nothign done to it except being stood still.

yup crap in the carbs will do exactly that

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online