XJ6 - average MPG?

cupcake1973
This post is 3633 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Will someone help me? Ive installed a full leo vince gp pro system on my bike and since that it was running horrible and lumpy, lost about 20mph of the top speed, barley getting 100 miles out of a tank, i recently put a power commander v in hoping that this will help everything when it hasn't, it has only given me a few more miles and the speed remains the same. Can someone please help! Thank you

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

That's good to know, thanks for the info :)

If it helps, I used to get 45-50mpg on my XJ6S. The low fuel was a bit random and sometimes came on when there was still 5-6 litres left in the tank. Depends if you park on a slope!

I have had my xj6n about 6 months or so and find that I am filling the tank every 70-90 miles but that is still leaving about 2 bars left as I dont trust the bars they move far to quick when they get lower down!... that or it's all in my mind.. :eusa_think:

Similar experience running in an XJ6N. 1st full tank went for 161 miles and refilled with 13.1 litres. That makes around 55.8mpg. My old Bandit 600 was similar and would routinely die on to reserve at 170. Not sure how much the tight new engine mitigated by light throttle use makes a difference. Will keep a check. Actually say I'll keep a check, but probably get bored keeping note and from now on just ride the thing :spin2:

ha, got 115 from my tdr, all time record, took 12.6L to refill.

I have had my xj6n about 6 months or so and find that I am filling the tank every 70-90 miles but that is still leaving about 2 bars left as I dont trust the bars they move far to quick when they get lower down!... that or it's all in my mind.. :eusa_think:

I let mine go right down, even had it flashing with 20 miles on the reserve odometer :D

I let mine go right down, even had it flashing with 20 miles on the reserve odometer :D

how do you know when in reserve? I always thought that once one bar is left that is the reserve? excuse my noobishness

Ahh okay then think I'll have to run my down & see what it does :)

Yeah sorry for hi-jacking haha

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Shaun,

I've got a 2010 XJ6S, I like to reset my trip-o-meter every time I fill, so I can keep an eye on where I am fuel usage wise. I like to refil on 1 bar, though as previously mentioned it'll flash when it gets down to reserve. I've done 15 miles on reserve and still had 2 litres left in the tank. It's meant to be a 17 litre tank, when I fill on 1 bar I usually put in about 13 -14 litres, for this I get about 140 miles of town riding.

When I get to go for a blast, the mpg goes through the roof. I've no idea what I get on a long cruise, I got the jitters and filled up on about 140 miles, though I had plenty left in the tank.

Hope some of that is useful

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online