just joined, thought I'd say hi

This post is 4000 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello folks. My name is Sadie, I'm originally from Leicestershire but I now live in Berkshire. Passed my bike test back in 1996 and have owned only a few bikes since, although have ridden quite a few that weren't mine.

My last Yamaha was a Jap racing import FZR 400 Exup which I loved. Took a break from biking due to a number of reasons but got back into it in 2010 after meeting my now hubby, who is also a biker. He bought a Harley and, without really thinking about it, so did I. I actually enjoyed that for two and a half years, but we both decided it was time to get back into the 21st century and modern biking again

Being rather little, I struggle with big machines as I just can't fit onto them, so I went for an XJ6N in matt black and I absolutely love it! It does everything I need it to do and it's a great bike to ride. Won't be buying a Harley ever again now I've got this :eusa_dance:

That's me in a nutshell. Looking forward to having a look around the forum and seeing what's what

Bye for now

:wavey:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome aboard! :wavey:

Welcome to the YOC. :jossun:

Hey Sadie, welcome! Great intro.

I've been looking at XJ6's as a progression for my first big bike, so glad to hear you like it!

The tractor is but a distant memory and I intend it to stay that way. It's nice to remember what riding a bike is really like now I have a 'proper' one again :yeah:

Hello folks. My name is Sadie, I'm originally from Leicestershire but I now live in Berkshire.

Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm originally from London but now live in Leicestershire.

Heya Sadie!!

You got me in Reading and Wild Foamy over in Newbury.

Get out on the A4074 and head up to Berinsfield, to stop at H's Cafe - You have great food with a good ride there, M&P next door and a Dyno place round the back!

Just be mindful of the speed limits and watch for cops at the weekend.

Hello! I know H-Cafe quite well - been there a number of times on the old tractor and passed it on the way to Oxford Harley a lot too. I'm sure we'll be back there again some time in the not too distant future as it's not a bad ride from home and we have proper bikes now too :babyha:

I live in Bracknell and work in Reading - it's nice to know I have a couple of 'neighbours' on here :)

Got a few friends out Bracknell way. Loads of bikey clubs and events and things in Berkshire. Several local MAG groups, as well.

I even live within a stone's chuck (literally) from the Lion Rally!! :D

We've got a mate in West Berks MAG (and Thames Vale Vultures) and we might well do the Lion Rally this year. You never know, might bump into you at an event or meet some time

:)

Ha ha, I used to ride with TVV! Very good club for those just starting out.

Might do Lion. I kinda abandoned the social side though, partly through work, partly through associations with 'certain types' of Club and partly because all my best rides have been alone. This forum is about the most social bikerly thing I do these days!

Hi Sadie, it looks like you, the Queen and me have something in common. :thumb: Just over two weeks to go eh.

Yes indeed we do Mike! Mine's a 'big' one this year too since it ends with an '0'

I shall be avoiding the bike that weekend - off to a beer & cider festival for 2 days so expect it will be quite messy! :buzz:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online