switching rear light to led/tail tidy

kenDAWG
This post is 4016 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey people

im toying with the idea of tidying up the rear end of my dt, ive changed indicators to smaller clear lense bulb indicators which has cleaned up the look of the front end but im still not happy with the rear light/plate hanger...

anyone point me in the right direction as to what to look for? either an all in one unit or a small led light and tail tidy bracket?

as my rear mudgaurd has the light underneith im thinking maybe i could get away with a thin led strip light hopefully with built in numberplate lights.

the look im after is basicly to pull all the rear componants up as close to the rear mudgaurd as i can, none of this bulky plastic stuffshowing.

if anyone has any second hamdparts ill be listening!!!

cheers

ken

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Loadsa stuff on.ebay. Type in cafe racer rear light for example and loads of universal things come up.

I fitted a R&G tail tidy to my DT, about 40 beans on eBay.

Looks pretty good!

item number: 150853996010 looks pretty cool.

I did think about getting it for the XT but decided it looks tight enough without the number plate bracket - made my own, and smaller led indicators, but then again i guess the XT is abit chunky so looks alright eh.

And if you need to get a 'LED Load Resistor' i have two here so you are more then welcome to one of them!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online