Lasted about a week

Grouch
This post is 4039 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

R u trying to curse yourself,don't ever say nothing can go wrong.

I went to go for a ride 3 days ago,, got 3 other bike's running,after sitting all winter,,,fired up the wr warmed it up and shut it off,and got grouched,the spark cap decided to crap out,and I didn't have a spare so while everyone else went riding I cleaned the garage as it was sunday and the only day the part shop 5 min down the road is closed.

Buy a Impact driver they can be had for 20 bucks or less and a great thing for stubron bolts,have the shop put blue loctite on the bolts,it keeps bolts from vibrating loose and keeps them from seizing,I put it on every bolt.And have them replace any dodgie bolts with allen bolts

Ever though about buyin a bike to learn on one that dosn't matter how long it take's to fix,nobody can tell you over the net how to get a bolt out ,it just take's time to learn

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a couple of RAC 12v impact wrenchs, cost £5 each from a boot sale, trouble is the cables tend to break at the end where it comes out of the gun so had to pop them back in :), runs from a cigarette lighter or pair of crocodile clips on a battery

I bought 1 of thesehttp://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/6/Tools/Sockets/SocketSets/PRD~1990900P/Mastercraft+Impact+Wrench+%26+Socket+Set+Combo.jsp?locale=en about 15 years ago , I don't use it that often but it works great,when I don't want to run/wait for the compressor, and for how often you would need it, it would do the job.And for 60 bucks you realy can't go wrong.There must be something comparable your way.2-3 weeks ago they were on sale for 30 bucks

But pick up one of the hand held hammer type like in post 38,much better for small bolts,like switch/throttle housings,and will undo any bolt or nut on a motorcycle. I'm on my 3rd one they get used so much.

Well my wr is running again and it's going to hit 10 today not a cloud in the sky so I'm off for a muddy ride.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online