Advice needed - buying a bike thats been sat for 2 years

Matthew Duncan
This post is 4054 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

not sure if this should be here, or in the general section, so feel free to move it!

at the weekend i was in my old work, when one of the wifeys grabbed me asking if i know anyone looking for a cheap bike/project, as my ears tingled, she went onto explain that when her hubby moved away he left her his 1999 Suzuki SV650, and shes needing to move it on.

its been sat for 2 years, combination of inside, and outside under tarp, and has damaged fairings from a drop. (not a crash, i know cos i helped her get it back up about a year ago).

So chances are the batttery will be knacked, the tires will be flat/perished and the fuel/oil will need changing, but shes only looking for 200 for it,

whats everyones opinions, worth it?

could potentiall be another suzuki out of harms way, for another rider to get a yammy instead! haha, it would just be a cheep run about, untill i buy a new bike later on this year.

Anything i should look out for?

Thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

for 200 I can't see how you could go wrong,clean the carbs and new battery,get it running and sell it on for a nice profit.

Buy it BUY IT NOW, cos at 2 hundred you are looking at that in parts only, plus you get to feel good for rescuing another old bike from the rust bug, nice one mate. :jossun:

Ill give you £239.99 for it and a crate of beer.

So yes, get it.

so looks like i am getting it then! haha,

will probs do me for another year, maybee. . . been wanting a new bike, maybe the change is all i need! more power and faster than my xj . . .but not a yammy :/ i'll look stupid wearing my YOC T-Shirt now :o, will post some pics when i get her :)

Well done Matthew, Now to get some photos up so we can get a look at it!! :jossun:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online