YBR rear break up grade ?

paul-666
This post is 4027 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Waste of time.

Rear brake does 25 per cent of the stopping and the ybr drum will hapily lock the rear wheel.

Never had the back wheel lock up LOL I may buy new shoes for it but just known disks and pads are better than drums so I was looking into my options as the snow has started again here and can't start doing anything for my mod 1 till it fecks off as I don't fancy taking a bigger bike out in the snow

You may never have had it lock but it will if its working ok.

Rear brake upgrades are cosmetic. If your relying on rear brake power you have a flaw in your riding style

If you think its just cosmetic then Ill just keep it as it is and put new brake shoe in there as it'smuch cheeper :) and for my riding style it coming on great I like the both feet over the handle bars and using the foot brak with my had position lol

Good man when you can get your helmet on backwards and ride undewater you will have it sorted.....

Don't bother with the mod mate, waste of money and time... the drum is effective.. I've had a little lock up when emergency braking on mine.

Renew the shoes, relax and ride... :)

• Like 1

I can understand you wanting to ditch the drum, but like people say it will be a ball ache & expensive. Would be good to put some Brembo's on though haha.

Do you even need new shoes (no jokes)? If if it feels weak, whip the shoes out, if there is still plenty of meat on them remove any glaze with some wet'n'dry paper.

I've just had the back brake on my YBR apart and cleaned it out (loads of crap in there making it stick) and it's better than ever now. Definitely worth having it apart imo.

That was my plan for today but the snow has stopped play for today LOL but I'm not back to work until the 10 th if April so ill get it done as soon as the snow has melted :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online