dt 125 ready to be set on fire ifffff???

dtluke
This post is 4021 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great that was a waste af time then why would it go so quick tho..defo steel flimsey and painted.. ill get it ordered tomoro so prob be tuesday before i get it oni just hope to thats the end of it..thanks for ur help ill keep this updated so what ya reckon yamaha or anthena from pjs tomorrow??

they're probably just as good as each other but for £12 i'd go for the yamaha one, get a straighedge on the head and see if you can detect any warping, while you're on the phone take the opportunity to let them know that you've had a bad outcome with the budget ones!

might want to check your water pump while your at it, been following and your 1 st prob was over heating, a small scratch in the head /cyllnder alowing coolant to be perssiursed could cause tis porblem

Realy you should just return it to the "mechanic" you asked for the over heating problem to be fixed.. and it wsn't so it's his/her missed fault find and it was not fixed right?

i dunno mate it just over heated 1 day, and when he took out the barrel he said it needs sent away so i did immediatly it needed a hone and new piston kit .he said the head looked fine only cylinder scored a bit. so i im just hopeing its the gasket like people are saying..but thats what my machanic said there must be air leak on the head never mentioned the gasket.. and he hasnt offered to take the top off and look for me so im left to do it meself now :crazy::crazy: . all i asked him to do is fit the gaskets piston and rings and charged me a ton for doing it and i dont want to pay again :shakeno: im going to try with this genuine gasket and if fails i give up realy the bike could end up on gumtree/ebay..

forgot about bank hols hopes pjs is open to get this gonna try now!

To take something positive from this episode luke, at least you know how to go about that job now eh :thumb:

just been into belfast got the geniuine headgasket from yamaha...couldnt wait for post so just had a 2hr drive lol o well its banks hols over here boreing day! .(just shown the head to the man at the workshop at yamaha and he says looks fine also showed him the gasket i just took out !big difference_airhead- tell me about it mate couldnt beleive how little there is to it doing it im just panicking now ive no torque wrench so will have to take her easy!!!

do i do the bolt that holds the frame to head first all last? and the head just in a criss cross pattern ???

going to start shortly just get my dinner and let the fun begin :eusa_shifty::eusa_doh:

Ah well lol... No chance me popping through and giving you a hand then

Ken

nah mate u would of been very welcome to help as any help is usefull and im sure u will have a better idea than me..but like airhead just said ive learnt somethink new here....well actually 2 things forgot budget gaskets are wank and now no how to dismantle the head!! just hope all goes well now.. :eusa_think:

I've never had anyone actualy show me how to do the topend on mine but a few questions on here and YouTube videos later I had the whole topend off powervalve cleaned up everything serviced greased up and apart from a few hiccups (dirty fuel) she is running better than ever!!!

Ken

oh well buggered one of the bolts has striped out the cylinder felt it spin just after the second nip dunno if i have done it or (someone ) has somethink to hide......... dunno what to do now on the verge of giving up ..could that of been the prob all along and no one has owned up to it... patients running very low now dont need this :eusa_doh:

Well that sucks ,only1 thing to do pull of the cylinder and helicoil it,looks like your doing the whole job.

it's easier than you think just ask for help and we will guide you,the only semi hard part is fiting the cylinder over the rings.

Don"t giv up luke" two-strokes are easy fixed, how hard did you tighten it to strip it, ?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online