74 dt 360 engine changes peed

freebrd1975
This post is 4027 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

my 1974 dt 360 changes engine speed when i take it off the kickstand. it almost dies and when put it back on the stand it starts idling right again.i also have to run the choke half way to get it to idle.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

By reading the post I get the impression that when the bike is leaned over on the side stand the motor runs ok and when the bike is stood up right the motor stutters/stalls, I don't know for sure but at a guess, it seems like the fuel pick up or fuel level in the float bowl might be partially blocked or low, but if you are running the bike with the choke out all the time I would assume that there is not enought fuel getting to the engine and an engine running lean could be running too hot, so you need to check it out a soon as you can or you might have other problems later down the road,

Yip as they say " and pilot jet will be blocked, thats why you need choke to run, pilot jet is first 1/8 of throttle opening, before pulling fuel thru main jet.. :icon_wink:

How long has it been standing,?

Yip as they say " and pilot jet will be blocked, thats why you need choke to run, pilot jet is first 1/8 of throttle opening, before pulling fuel thru main jet.. :icon_wink:

How long has it been standing,?

i took the carburetor off and cleaned the pilot jet and put it back on and i still have the same problem

Hi

By reading the post I get the impression that when the bike is leaned over on the side stand the motor runs ok and when the bike is stood up right the motor stutters/stalls, I don't know for sure but at a guess, it seems like the fuel pick up or fuel level in the float bowl might be partially blocked or low, but if you are running the bike with the choke out all the time I would assume that there is not enought fuel getting to the engine and an engine running lean could be running too hot, so you need to check it out a soon as you can or you might have other problems later down the road,

I would go along with this, check your float height

The throttle slide isnt aligned properly so it's sat on top of the peg and therefore being held in an open position...?

Done this a few times with my DT carb, the slide will even look like it is rising up and down because its sat on the slope that the tickover screw acts up on,

Done this a few times with my DT carb, the slide will even look like it is rising up and down because its sat on the slope that the tickover screw acts up on,

what is the tickover screw and where is it located?

Tick over =idle screw..on side of carb with spring. You might have the slide in backwards? Does it go to the bottom fully or is half way open? Cut out side to air cleaner is right way.

what is the tickover screw and where is it located?

Tick over =idle screw..on side of carb with spring. You might have the slide in backwards? Does it go to the bottom fully or is half way open? Cut out side to air cleaner is right way.

Hehe, Two ~ Three countries separated by a common language,

• Like 1

Hehe, Two ~ Three countries separated by a common language,

i couldn't figure out what you were saying lol. it seems to be in the throttle slide. i have it fixed now.thank y'all