new to riding teenager

jdog97
This post is 4029 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi my name is jacob i am 15 live in texas and had just started to learn to ride on a 1973 honda xl100 but dont have access anymore to it so i just aquired two old yamahas! :spin2: what i got is a 1971 yamaha JT1 j mini enduro that i am going to get running first becouse requires the least work and money. the other bike is a 1975 DT 175 a that will be a long term project so i can ride on the road when i am 18. i am trying to figure out what the "j" for the JT1 and the "a" for the DT 175 means. any help would be great. :eusa_think:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Jacob, Welcome to the YOC, nice intro and always nice to have new folks on the forum, someone will be along shortly to tell you all about your bikes and what the numbers mean. :jossun:

Welcome Jacob, Sorry i cant help with your questions but there are a few DT 175 owners on here who will help you

:welcome: Jacob! Nice pick. I'm restoring a 1976 DT175C. I think Atters is right... seems like the letters have to do with production dates. ??

Sacha were do you get parts for your bike like a seat and other stuff?

I cleaned and painted the seat pan. I know a guy who's going to help me shave some foam and upholster the seat. It'll have to be custom so my feet can touch the ground. :)

There are some on eBay though albeit expensive. I think the 125 seat fits, but is a little short. ??

I always have an eye on eBay and right after I get something a cheaper one comes up. :madflame:

I've also picked stuff up from yambits, wemoto, and powersports.com

I cleaned and painted the seat pan. I know a guy who's going to help me shave some foam and upholster the seat. It'll have to be custom so my feet can touch the ground. :)

There are some on eBay though albeit expensive. I think the 125 seat fits, but is a little short. ??

I always have an eye on eBay and right after I get something a cheaper one comes up. :madflame:

I've also picked stuff up from yambits, wemoto, and powersports.com

thank you i knew about ebay but i did not know about the others. thank you.

also does anyone know of a good place to getparts for the jt1 other then ebay or bike bandit?

thank you i knew about ebay but i did not know about the others. thank you.

also does anyone know of a good place to getparts for the jt1 other then ebay or bike bandit?

There's a guy in oregon with some NOS. You can see what he has at www.nwvintagecycleparts.com

There's also a guy in Canada you might try www.myoldyamaha.com

I've had good luck with both places. :)

Hi there jdog" :jossun: its an 1971 mini Enduro you have, The JT1 -L is with lights, has yours got lights fitted, .?

Have a look at the dt175 , it maybe AT1- or AT3- [ it could be fitted with 125cc engine] ,, whitch is 1972/3, the DT175 A - 1975 is 443- 000 :eusa_think:

You might be thinkn the 4 is an A ,,, :photo2:

Hey Jdog welcome why don't you start a thread in projects,with some picts,don't worry about how it looks nobody here judges.You couldn't have found a better place for info on the dt175 abit of a cult following here I personaly would love to see the jt ,so many memories.

Check out FAQ for how to post picts

Hi there jdog" :jossun: its an 1971 mini Enduro you have, The JT1 -L is with lights, has yours got lights fitted, .?

Have a look at the dt175 , it maybe AT1- or AT3- [ it could be fitted with 125cc engine] ,, whitch is 1972/3, the DT175 A - 1975 is 443- 000 :eusa_think:

You might be thinkn the 4 is an A ,,, :photo2:

it did orrigionally doesnt right now and the vin for the DT175's vin is 443- and i got the letters and exact dates from yamaha. i will i dont know how or if i can post pictures yet.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online