Yamaha XT125 X colour change

WherEmEweeD
This post is 4030 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi so i have been planning to change the colour of my red yamaha xt125x 07 to blue.
So far i have changed the seat covers.
Bought a new set of stickers.
sanded, primed, colored then lacquered the fairings.
Everything looks good apart from one big nasty issue. Its purple instead of yamaha blue.
Anyone able to point me in the right direction of the correct colour spray can.
Also should i be laying a white base coat down? would spraying a blue colour onto the original red be the problem.
this is the colour spray paint i purchased that came out purple.
If pictures are really wanted i will upload them.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

your damn right i want to see a purple XT! lol. well that fucking sucks man, did u buy a new seat or change the cover?

i would imagine a white undercoat would help bring the blue out abit better. After all didn't they tell us red and blue made purple back in school?

good luck with this mate!

@ Mrweso its a clear primer so the paint was going on top of the red plastic colour. I have bought white primer in hope that it will allow the colour to come out in its right shade. If you have any suggestions on a more adequate primer that would be helpful. I'm stuck as to where I would find the right colour to suit my blue seat cover.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online