Hello Just started out my Motorcycle Carreer

Peapod
This post is 4053 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone My name is Rob. Iv just passed my CBT and Iv managed to buy a Yamaha XVS Dragstar. I can honestly say its a gorgeous ride. I had such a time trying to get my first bike and without going into details Im glad that my troubles led to this bike. I am new to all this and I fully intend on learning the ins and outs of my bike. So nice to meet you all.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome Rob, :wavey: you" l enjoy it better when this weather warms up,, read the posts for info on mantainance etc,,,

Welcome to the forum mate, post some pics, we like pics

Iv been trying to but it hasn't uploaded for some reason. Il work it out. Can I ask is it possible to upgrade my account to the £5 annual as I have just the free one. I wanted to upgrade this friday as Im skint till then haha

Iv been trying to but it hasn't uploaded for some reason. Il work it out.

check in the newbies section, in their under the FAQ's sub forum, there is a guide on how to upload pictures.

ImageShack is the one i use, as it's a doddle to navigate. :)

I found that the image was to big. I was uploading the picture from my phone and it dosent have a scale down so Il put it on my laptop and shrink it down. Thanks for the advise

Welcome Rob, 125 draggy is a good bike and if you need any help on it i have a work shop manwell that i can dig through for you if needed.

As for membership you can upgrade when ever you want, you get a little bit more than a freebee would, But seeing that it looks like you just got hitched i can see why you cant fork out £5 at the mo :biglaugha::eusa_doh:

Welcome to the forum Rob. Definitely share pictures with us when you get a chance!

Welcome to the YOC, nice to meet new folks. :jossun:

I just spent all me money on the Dragstar lol. I had a good look through all the paper work and discovered that the MOT ran out yesterday haha. And my Uncle had a good look at it today as Im a total Noob on bikes and I may need a new chain and back sprocket and definately will need a new back tyre. **sigh** the biggest kick in me ball bag is that I cant afford all that plus tax and insurance for a few weeks haha so I am still bus bound.. any Idea of how much a back tyre may cost?

Try Wemoto.com very good website and you'd prob find that its about £70 ish

Great bike, great fun, great choice!!

found my wheel size 130/9.15 cheapest Iv found is £50 not a top brand but me Uncle said it would be good enough for summer. thye bugger is Its not gna be road savvy till first weekend of april due to moths invading my bank haha.