DT250 ignition switch

This post is 3943 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a DT250 that has a dodgy ignition switch. I can't find one that matches exactly, mine has ten wires but colours are hard to match. Engine no is 512-100278 and chassis is 512-001005. Does anyone know where I can check these numbers and get an ignition switch please? The colours don't quite match up on the bike between the 2 ignition switch plugs anyway!

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It actually belongs to a friend. It did run very well. We've all had a go! I replaced a headlight bulb and a faulty horn and now it won't start. The key will turn all the way round and come out in any position.

Aye johnny" 512- thats a DT250B , IS IT A uk [ YELLOW] or usa[ orange] what year, the USA ignition is slightly different,[ extra wires] . post a picky,, :photo2:

• 3 months later...

You have a UK spec bike by the sound of it. The ignition switch for the UK models does have 10 wires, in two blocks, a six and a four. Good luck on finding an ignition switch, they are as rare as hen's teeth. You can use the switch off the 100, 125, 175 or 400 models off the UK 75/76 models though so keep your eyes peeled for a breaker.

Chris.