Need some help with my DT125 LC

This post is 4013 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well i got everything i needed to fix the bike, new float assembly, new kickstart oil seal, MAGNUM patch for 2 pinholes in my tank.

now my problem.. i got it to run a few times but no longer that a minute at a time. well i went to go to the store for a snack, came back and tried kicking it over, nothing. even before itd start 1-2 kicks but now ive gave it more kicks than a soccer game.. haha

any advice? im thinking it might be a fuel related problem?? i tried roll starting it and i could get it to grumble for a few seconds then slowly die off.

need some help guys, anything is appreciated!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i tried at it again today, i got it to start a few times, but again, it didnt last long?

and no im again trying to start it and it just doesnt want to start.

so now wat guys?

Yip, when first started = choke jet " then it needs the pilot jet to idle and rev thru the first 1/8 of throttle, then as air speed builds up draws fuel thru main jet ,,,,

so get that PILOT jet cleaned, oh i take its got a good flow of gas,[ petcock clear] :eusa_think:

yeah the petcock is clear, ill get the pilot cleaned later today if im home before dark otherwise ill get it done tomorrow.

also does anyone know the factory carb settings or a link to them as i cant seem to find them and dont have a manual. i called the yamaha dealership and they said theyre not sure as they havent dealt with older bikes in a long time. wana make sure i have the air mixture screw/idle screw set to factory as i thought that could also cause a problem?

and if its any help wen i started it earlier today itd rev really high, to the point it seemed about to hit the redline so i had to kill switch it. it did that 2-3 times? and then it would sputter on for a second or do and die..

really stumped, my luck itll be a really simple fix

Sounds like the slide is jammed open,,,,take it out again, or the rubber washer on carb top is missing...to remove pilot jet carb will need removed anyway, a good slotted screwdriver is needed to remove it, as its up a long passage,

Wild Foamy will have manual,,, ---Air screw will be 1.5 turns out,,

thanks for all the help man! ill give it a try today after classes

hey guys, well i got the bike running real nice, first kick everytime and runs as long as i want it to. thanks blackhat for the help!

now ive got what i hope to be my last proble. when i assembled the rear wheel after changing the tube i must have messed up somewhere because my wheels arent aligned, as the back wheel is an inch or 2 to the left of the front one if you look from the rear.

can someone link a picture of how the setup looks? im not sure what other bikes i can use for reference but if its the same rear setup please link it! any help is greatly appreciated! thanks guys!!

also it seems that my speedo, temp gauge, and tach arent working? are some wires unhooked? any help on that as well? i cant seem to find anything but then again im not sure what to look for

• 2 weeks later...

haha well im back, after a week or so of no problems and some great times riding, i ran into another snag.. i was riding the bike like normal, no abusing or beating it, just heading home from school and it would start bogging down on me everytime i gave it some throttle. so i figured heck, before me it sat for 3 years so maybe i didnt clean it good enough or adjust it right. (adjusting might still be off but only slightly). well i took the carb to a pro to have it cleaned and install a new float and pilot jet. got it home, put it on, sounded great, idled lower and smoother, RPM seemed to climb nicer. but then i put it into gear, and as soon as i release the clutch it dies. without fail, every gear, even in neutral it dies as soon as i release the clutch.

im not sure what my problem is now? im stumped.. any help so i dont have to walk until i get it fixed?

bump, any help?

im not sure if there is a switch on the clutch or kickstand, the neutral light does work but to see it i have to be in neutral, clutch in, and revving it slightly (dim light)

ill check the kickstand switch here soon

where would the switch on the clutch be? from wat ive looked up online a fair amount of it is pointing to the kickstand switch, but they say if the stand is up then it works fine, but my stand can be up or down and it still dies when i release clutch. thanks for the reply, ill keep looking as well

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online