DT125 CARB

Baker.Ben
This post is 4059 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

so, the previous owner of my 05 DT125RE was a bit of a wally and has screwed the air mix screw too tight and ended up shearing off any sort of groove for my screwdriver.

I have just come off the phone from my local yam dealer and we had a great laugh at a new carb being over 400 quid!

So I am now searching the internet for a second hand one but I am unsure what year/models will fit my bike.

also any suggestions for good sites to look at would be much appreciated or even if anyone on here is selling one or knows someone who is.

all help much appreciated!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Honestly, £460 quid. The guy started laughing as he was telling me the price!

Im not sure what make/model of the carb. how would i find this out? all the information i thought i would need is the model and year of the bike =/

Yeh there are people in her who could tell the carb from that information, wait and see what other people suggest.

Once you know the make and model of the carb you can start looking in eBay! If the dt125r carb is the same I'm sure there is a member in here selling one if not i have delt with a person on eBay who is parting his dtr

Ken

So long as you go gentle with a small drill and some patience you should be able to remove it. Its only brass. Drill a couple of spots on the brass to use a screwdriver against.

You talking about binning it anyway so if you break it trying its no foul.

This is what i was thinking. if its soft enough to be sheared by a ham fisted chav with a screwdriver i can adress the issue with a bit of patience and savvy. worse that can happen is ill need a new carb anyway!.

Still would love some advice as to where to lok for this back up carb?

Hi Baker Ben,

Ebay is the best option for choice and price. There are a lot of shysters on there now but feedback is usually a good guide but a good used carb shouldn't set you back too much I would have thought.

Good luck with it anyway.....with the old one as mentioned it's a no=brainer give it a go yourself and if you fuck it up it's going in the bin anyway.

Davie.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online