New Bike :D

JonnyD
This post is 4030 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

im selling my tzr50 tomorrow for £800 and then buying a red 2011 Yamaha YBR 125 for £500 on saterday, whats your views on the YBR? speed, reliability, miles etc?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The YBR is a great bike.

Reliability: Pretty bullet proof to be honest. Had mine now close to a year and no problems with it whatsoever. It's very very fuel efficient (if you don't throttle the living daylights out of it.. I can get 275 miles on a full tank which cost about £9 to fill with Shell Optimax - Southern rip of prices!).

Speed: I can get 65 mph out of it. My total weight is a little more then 13 stone with gear on and I'm 6ft. The power is pretty decent for a 125 and pulls nicely up the gears (a few people have some problem getting it from 1st to 2nd and hitting neutral - I've been there but that's down to riding experience).

Personally, I can't sing the bikes praises enough. I've been ridding bikes for about 17 yrs and this little one is great fun and a joy to ride.

The red is a good colour too.. £500 for a 2011 sounds like a right bargain - make sure you check it over properly and it has good / new oil it. I have noticed that the newer the oil the better it performs (nothing surprising there I know!).

thanks alot mate, making me even more eger ;) haha, a couple of my mates have them and they say its a great bike, especcialy for the price im paying haha

My 2007 is a great bike and is bomb proof I have rode mine all threw winter and it casts me 35 quid a month including insurance if I got the bus it would cost 6 quid a day so it saves me at least 60 quid a month which I'm well happy with :)

My brother's got a YBR 2008, I have also heard great things about them. He's only had it two weeks and not managed to get it out for a proper run due to the weather, but from everything I have read they are good bikes. £500 seems very very cheap though for a 2011. That would go for over a grand on ebay easy. My only concern would be why you are getting it for £500, is it in good working order, not knocked off etc. If there is a genuine reason then that is a total bargain.

My brother's got a YBR 2008, I have also heard great things about them. He's only had it two weeks and not managed to get it out for a proper run due to the weather, but from everything I have read they are good bikes. £500 seems very very cheap though for a 2011. That would go for over a grand on ebay easy. My only concern would be why you are getting it for £500, is it in good working order, not knocked off etc. If there is a genuine reason then that is a total bargain.

its 500 because the guy buys all his bikes them from police acution, he only buys the working ones tho, he buys them for like 200 then sells for about 500, some really nice bikes, other day he had a cbr 125 2010 and my mate got that, so its all good :)

The pros for this bike seems to outweigh the cons but from my previous experiences, I'm not really a fan. My training was on the 2011 YBRs and I found them to be a bit light weight. So you'd be constantly fighting the wind on a pretty windy day. I'm about 5'6 and it feels slightly lower than I would like it to be. The XT I currently ride is slightly heavier, feels like I have more control and higher off the ground. I think the engines are the same so can't really compare performance. £500 seems like a great price for a 11 plate, a bit too great so make sure you aren't diving into something sketchy ;)

The pros for this bike seems to outweigh the cons but from my previous experiences, I'm not really a fan. My training was on the 2011 YBRs and I found them to be a bit light weight. So you'd be constantly fighting the wind on a pretty windy day. I'm about 5'6 and it feels slightly lower than I would like it to be. The XT I currently ride is slightly heavier, feels like I have more control and higher off the ground. I think the engines are the same so can't really compare performance. £500 seems like a great price for a 11 plate, a bit too great so make sure you aren't diving into something sketchy ;)

tbh im just happy upgrading from a 50, im 6ft2 and it feels the right height really comfy and just got it back from the garage after having a check up on it, and its in great running and structual order :) so no complaints really haha, just gotta wait for my insurance to come through then i can decide if its good to ride :)

6ft 2 on a 50cc? Jesus I bet that was interesting going up hills in the wind lol!

Any 125 coming from a 50 is going to be an improvement for sure, even better at that price.

Ken

dont get me started on hills haha, it was worse before i changed my piston and sprockets, id get to about 25 uphill in the wind haha then about 30 with new sprockets just cant wait to get on my 125 xD

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online