dt 125 project

ahaywood93
This post is 4038 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

im going to spray my plastics and get my swing arm chrome i was just wondering would the plastics flake quick or would it be fine ill do a proper job on them anyway and can anyone find the light blue spray paint the nice dt blue i have some horrible dark blue plastics atm ganna get a dep exhaust to go with my swing arm and i might powder coat my frame i haven't decided yet

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Powder coat the swing arm aswell pal will look more tidy-black frame/swing arm with chrome exhaust and blue plastics should look clean and tidy

I'm not sure on the plastics mind the dt plastics seem to be a little bit more flexible as there not fixed solid especially the tank fairings and I'm thinking they may crack over time!

There may be some flexible kinda spray paint out there but I don't know!

Ken

I sprayed my plastics last year with Rustoleum rattle cans and they are holding up well. The only place I've gotten any cracks is on the back fender and that's more because the metal frame underneath is incomplete and improvised. Side panels still look new and the front fender is still solid, minus a worn spot where my tach cable rubs.

The main things are to degrease everything to the max and give it a light scuff with sandpaper before multiple light coats with a plastic primer and then top coat. I also sprayed the bottom of my fenders with rubberized truck bed liner for some added reenforcement since my plastics were old and sun baked and that stuff is still good and solid.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online