CBT QUESTION NEEDS ANSWERING ASSP

sparky67
This post is 4067 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all I'm taking my CBT this Saturday and apparently I'm doing it on a 50cc geared or auto I don't know because I haven't a 125cc entitlement on my licence but the instructor is telling me that if I pass I then send my licence off to add a 125cc entitlement and then I can ride a 125cc with L plates no passengers and no motorway is this right because they knew my situation before I paid for the course please could all of you try and help me out on this one cheers Gerry

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yes thats right i did cbt on honda 50 auto,i can ride up to 125 auto or geared withL plates no motoway no passengers but this only last 2 years then you have to do cbt again or go big licence

Like you said Ken what a grey area one school said I could do the test on a 125cc on the road cause I was with an instructor and others are saying a 50cc one thing I know they should be saying the same thing

125 entitlement should be automatic when you hit 17. What categories are currently shown on your licence, both the plastic part and the paper one (pop up a pic if you're not sure - just 'fuzz out' any personal details)?

You can do CBT on a 50 or a 125 (if over 17), geared or auto doesn't make any difference unlike the full test which will only allow an auto licence if you do it on an auto bike. You just need to demonstrate to your instructor that you are in control of the machine at all times (smooth on throttle brakes and gears), you're keeping an eye out for any possible dangers (good observations, remember your lifesavers), you're aware of other road users (keep your distance, watch your position, use proper timely signals, remember to cancel) and you know the rules of the road (don't go barrelling down a one-way street the wrong way!). Be safe, be aware and you'll be fine.

I'm 45 and I got my full drivivg licence in 1985 but I must of not ticked the motorcycle entitlement back then so that's why I can legally only ride a 50cc on the road without L plates and do the CBT on a 50cc,Gerry

I thought 50cc was category P on the license?

I'd call the DVLA to check, you may have 'full' A restricted to 50cc but learner A for 125 with a CBT...?

I found this on the net

Q I did my CBT on a 50cc moped scooter, I'm now 17 can I ride a 125cc geared machine

A Yes. The CBT certificate (DL196) is valid for moped riding at 16 and 125cc riding at 17 and older. (subject to L-Plates, mot tax etc.). However it may be sensible to think about some Gearbox Training if you are moving from an automatic to a geared / manual motorcycle.

I'd call the DVLA to check, you may have 'full' A restricted to 50cc but learner A for 125 with a CBT...?

hi the A category lets me ride a 50cc no CBT mo L plates

Hi all, hopefully this helps someone else i rung DVLA today and on my old paper UK full driving(car) licence i have the right to drive a 125cc motorcycle only with a CBT ,L plates and no passengers and no motorways so thats that, :hyper:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online