Yamaha TZR 50 Remote Start!

JonnyD
This post is 4062 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

a guy i played rugby with had one of these on his car, put his keys in the valuables bag and then it got put behind bar, something in the bag must of pressed his key as it started the car and it was running for ages as he only discovered it was running when we came off the pitch at the end of the game and walked back to the changing rooms.. :hyper:

Jonny, I have the same thing (except the alarm swears at you if you move the bike) and found out the hard way that if you remote start the bike and try to ride it WITHOUT the key in your going to end up in a ditch, I forgot that it has a fork lock DOH! So don't forget to put the key in and TURN it so the ignition is "ON" before you go anywhere, you have been warned!! :jossun:

Jonny, I have the same thing (except the alarm swears at you if you move the bike) and found out the hard way that if you remote start the bike and try to ride it WITHOUT the key in your going to end up in a ditch, I forgot that it has a fork lock DOH! So don't forget to put the key in and TURN it so the ignition is "ON" before you go anywhere, you have been warned!! :jossun:

haha yeah i read up on all of the safety first haha, still funny shitting up kids as they look at it then it magically starts haha

if you leave it in gear and try to start it like that does it just bump forward and then kinda bump its self off of the stand?

if you see what i'm asking?

does it do kickstarts too :)

i wouldnt think so, it runs off your starter motor, if your bike has an electric start, i garantee with the correct wireing it will work but i wouldnt see how it would work with a kick start, sorry mate :(

if you leave it in gear and try to start it like that does it just bump forward and then kinda bump its self off of the stand? if you seen what i'm asking?

i tried it to see what would happen just incase i did leave it in gear, what happens is it'll fuck up your starter motor, without the clutch pulled in what it does is tries to spin the gears thus making the bike move, the stater motor doesnt have the power, it could start but your just looking at a fallen bike with a fucked up starter motor

Hi does the alarm drain your battery at all and are you remote starting a cold engine without the choke,I was thinking of buying the spy 5000 pager alarm

i put the choke on when i leave the bike, then itll start in the morning when i turn it on, but usually it takes like 2-3 attempts, but about mid day, when its warmer you wont need choke, it starts first time, and iv had it installed for about 3 weeks and it hasn't changed my battery status,it takes up a tiny part of the power so its fine, and if you want a 2 way alarm like the spy then yeah go ahead haha but this was only £15 on ebay and it does the job pretty damn well, want the link?

So how dose it all wire up then?

But for it to work you need to have the ignition on all the time (understandable) but is there some thing in this remote start kit that stop the ignition from being on until you push the button? im just thinking that as soon as i turn on my ignition all the lights come on and all that "ignition" stuff which will 1; drain you battery and 2; leave your bike open to dick heads. How dose this kit stop all that?

I had something similar on my suzuki but as an anti theft device.

I used to start it and turn the ig on and initially off with it. After turning the bike off a couple of times on the road by accident i reverted to the kill switch on the bars for the stopping part.

With the wiring all rerouted only the ancilaries worked on the bars. The ig and starting was done by remote. Ig switch did nothing. I did have an overide under the seat should the remote die though.

Hi does the alarm drain your battery at all and are you remote starting a cold engine without the choke,I was thinking of buying the spy 5000 pager alarm

Yes please

i put the choke on when i leave the bike, then itll start in the morning when i turn it on, but usually it takes like 2-3 attempts, but about mid day, when its warmer you wont need choke, it starts first time, and iv had it installed for about 3 weeks and it hasn't changed my battery status,it takes up a tiny part of the power so its fine, and if you want a 2 way alarm like the spy then yeah go ahead haha but this was only £15 on ebay and it does the job pretty damn well, want the link?

So how dose it all wire up then?

But for it to work you need to have the ignition on all the time (understandable) but is there some thing in this remote start kit that stop the ignition from being on until you push the button? im just thinking that as soon as i turn on my ignition all the lights come on and all that "ignition" stuff which will 1; drain you battery and 2; leave your bike open to dick heads. How dose this kit stop all that?

the only way i can really describe it as a door, when the key is off the door is closed but when the key is on the door is open, then when you hit start, it sends the power through the relay, then when it hits the relay, it powers the bike, the remote start acts as a kill switch witch is controlled by the key fob. im sorry for the bad description, iv had like 3 hours sleep haha. hope it helps

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online