Redbridge Roundabout - nearly took his mirror home as he don't need it...

TheSaffer
This post is 4035 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ok, but you could see what he was trying to do (he was signalling all the way). You should have let him through and duck to his right.

Yes I could have, but I didn't expect him to go all the way! Especially when the lane he was meant to use was clear.

Oh well...

no cause for complaint on that one ,, sorry

he was not being abusive or dangerous

just trying to get home like everyone else

In some way I do agree with saffer, agree he was signalling but he did cut him up a bit fine though.

Just wanted to add that I'm not trying to lecture people on riding etc...

I just wanted to add that I was about to accelerate before he came over the last line. I think that made me feel his move was a bit iffy.

But luckily the spidy sense kicked in.

It's pretty hard to pass the buck on this one. Yes, he shouldn't have really cut you up but if I was in that situation, being a courteous rider, I would have let him slip in. His lane change wasn't aggressive which leads me to think that he was fully aware that you were there and was probably expecting you to let him through. I believe we sometimes bring danger upon ourselves and situations as such could be avoided with a little courtesy.

Letting him in would be the nice thing to do.....however you don't have too and it was his fault for not being 'on it'.
If i were in his shoes i would carry on with the lane i was stuck in and turn around and try again at the next SAFE place. Not try and shove my way into traffic. :lol:

If I see it correctly it was a two lane road so no need to cut up the biker unless the driver didn't see him... i.e the driver is a moron!

Just because the driver signalled doesn't give them the right to change lane without due care & attention. (That's reserved for bus drivers and taxis! :babyha: ).

Just wanted to add that I'm not trying to lecture people on riding etc...

I just wanted to add that I was about to accelerate before he came over the last line. I think that made me feel his move was a bit iffy.

But luckily the spidy sense kicked in.

you mention here that you intended to accelerate , did you intend to undertake?, good job your spidy sense kicked in. :shakeno:

Aye saffer" i see what you mean, but in busy situations like these, best to allow for acts like this, he was courtious[ hazard flash]

if you see the way us bikers filtre in traffic, we have nowt to complain about,,, :thumb:

at 0.38 you can clearly see he was trying to get to the arrowed left hand lane. it seems to me the saffer , your an angry biker just like me :madflame: congrats my man :thumb:

up.yours I am a very relaxed biker, normally.

I really posted this video to point out my irritation with drivers that still don't know how to use a roundabout. I get this every day on this roundabout.

As you could see, I wasn't racing, undertaking, showing off, blind or reckless in this clip. If I was, I would have been knocked off. I am just annoyed... And that was the reason for my frustration in the clip.

I am annoyed by the indicate and go mentality of some drivers.

The fact that my insurance has gone up £200 because of a non-fault driver reversing into me last year also make me even more angry with drivers who drive like this. What if I was checking my speed, or was distracted by a possible hazard ? If he knocked me over and if I was found not to be at fault, then I have to pay even more next year to renew my insurance?

If this driver ended up turning left after the roundabout, I would have thought nothing more of it...

Anyway, this is old news... and I'm still on two wheels!