Fork seals

Grouch
This post is 4041 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

We all know your lying, you ain't got no friends. :rofl:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Good to hear your going to give it a go, take a pict of you doin it,not the doll, the forks :biglaugha: That was a great vid beef found couldn't get more info than that.

I put my nsr forks into a garage near me and they charged me £90 fitting genuine honda seals and heavyer oil!

I didn't think it was cheap but the chap that done em says any problems within the first few months he would do em again for nowt!!

You could always ask how much to do it if you supply the seals and oil etc and fetch the forks to him off the bike.

Ken

We want pick of blow up doll too

:hyper:

We want pick of blow up doll too

:hyper:

I'll have to clean it first.

Sorry guys but I might just get the garage to do it, they only charge £60. Really cba with the hassle, and I will make a mess of it. But I am doing all the other work, brake pads, electrics, chain guard ect, all for the M.O.T.

I understand sometime these jobs can be daunting, however once you just get into it and just set aside a few hour.

I had to do this yesterday even though i was day off and weather was lovely ...but every now and again we have to put aside a few hour for general maintenance and other jobs.....yesterday it was:

clean bike

lube chain

tighten chain

clean under the chain guard as it was just caked in a mud and grease combo (which only have 3 bolts holding it on ;) )..u can do it

put one of those little storage net things on the back of the seat

changed rear light bulb

changed gear lever (as i had snapped the old one)

All this took about 3 hours....might well have taken alot less had i not been taking fag and drink breaks every 10 mins lol (i think i might have even started to watch something on TV at one point)

Plus you can get oil all over your jeans and pretend you have been working ever so hard on your bike all day B)

I want to but I think the fork seals are a bit too much for me to contend with. I would rather just get them done properly. Maybe if I had a garage or workshop I would attempt it. I'll have a good luck at the videos later and see what's what.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online