are you willing to help??

beef
This post is 1792 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Depends if the middle of middle England is somewhere near somewhere? er?

Your oooop norf somewhere but give the folks a clue?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yep not even done 6k miles. It must be definitely something to do with 125's. I had this problem with my old bike. I thought it was me but then I always made sure I cleaned and lubed the chain and it still happens.

Depends if the middle of middle England is somewhere near somewhere? er?

Your oooop norf somewhere but give the folks a clue?

Bradford.

Yep not even done 6k miles. It must be definitely something to do with 125's. I had this problem with my old bike. I thought it was me but then I always made sure I cleaned and lubed the chain and it still happens.

Bradford.

If you get stuck Grouch, give me a shout. 

• 2 months later...

oreet peeps, Rob, Stockport, Manchestaaaaah

I am not massively experienced with bikes, my own pre divvy xj600 is still not "finished-finished", but I am an experienced motorsport mechanic and fabricator. and, at the risk of making a rod for my own back, I have a tig welder at home.

I am not massively experienced with bikes, my own pre divvy xj600 is still not "finished-finished", but I am an experienced motorsport mechanic and fabricator. and, at the risk of making a rod for my own back, I have a tig welder at home.

nice one Rob, you put Warrington down on your location though!

yeah, just noticed that.... I was in Warrington when I joined, moved to Stockport since then. will edit my location......

• Like 1

tig welder mmmmmm niceee

• 3 weeks later...

my baby was eating chains and sprockets when i got her , rear wheel nut wasnt tight enough so the tensioner on the left side (sprocket side) was slipping a bit , just a notch on the teardrop shaped tensioner , but it was enough to east away one side of the sprocket and wear the chain wasnt even really noticable riding either , was only at closer inspection when the sprocket got switched that it was noticed......................Been fine since , might be worth just checking rear sprocket and chain alignment and making sure everythings straight

11224116_10206570744901269_213054916002712186352_10206570745501284_456931943410212065491_10206570742941220_216367288824512190921_10206570744141250_4596740164187

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm also new to this forum, but this does sound like a really good idea.

I live in Derbyshire, not far from J29a of the M1 but would be willing to drive if I could help anyone.  Not sure how much use I'll be at the moment, being new to Yamahas and biking/triking, but I was an electrical engineer and used to have to repair my own cars when I was young and had no money.  (No change there then now I'm older!)

So, I'll offer my help if it's needed within the South Yorkshire/North Derbyshire/North Nottingham area if it's of any use?

--... ...--
Morseman

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Thats a great idea. I like it. Im game. Not very experiance but to see some of my builds who cares. My brain never shuts down and im full of ideas and can figure out about anything outside of the internal motor itself. My confidence aint been there yet lol. FAIRFIELD CA

I doubt theres many on here but I'm good with scooters lol, I'm also fairly good at refurbing cracked and broken fairings, I can do the basics on geared bikes, swap forks etc, top end rebuilds, and I can do basic repairs to looms (as long as theyre not completely butchered like my dtr one), and I'm based in Plymouth, devon :) 

• 2 years later...

good idea. i have a shed night every wed for mates and kids to learn/work on bikes. were all pretty good on the tools but not bike mechanics. not a lot we cant do these days but its good to be teaching the younger generation and also have another set of eyes going over your work :)

anyone in hervey bay area wanting some help let me know

• 11 months later...

Afternoon all.

Well I think I broken it

Hopefully something and nothing but as I was coming home at 23:00 down the M56 last night the boy didn’t sound to be fully on song and I noticed that the lights slightly flickering on the dash then I saw 2 or 3 white flashes near my right knee and that was it he decided to have a sleep I was in lane 3 and was passing a couple of cars so I backed off a tad to fall behind the cars then i coasted across to a slip road with no hard shoulder and parked it in the widest part which was about twice the width of the bike and sat on the barriers and called recovery , got it home but I haven’t got a clue where to start.

im guessing it’ll be plugs at the least and maybe leads so any ideas 

thanks