are you willing to help??

beef
This post is 1792 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I think this is a really cool idea folks, my knowledge is pretty basic but can make a cracking cuppa, I look forward to hitting you guys up for help and ideas over the next few months, and if you're ever in my neck of the woods, my place ain't to bad for a pit stop

• 1 month later...

Just to add to this topic here in Norfolk uk. Got the tools to do tyre changes,balancing,puntures,oil changes, brake change and so on but not to good on top end although have done this but am mechanical

minded as have to service and do repairs to the car as well.so give us a call if in the area.cheers wallywant xj6s.

• 2 months later...

Can anyone help me with my bike,i live in barry vale of glamorgan south wales.a crate of beer waiting for someone cheers guys and girls

need to be a bit more specific than that mac (the bike not the beer)

Blackhat has been giving me as much info as he can.electrical problem i have.i have a yamaha rsx 100 1991 model.just put a new 6v battery on it and took off a 12v confused.com.anyway when i indicate my neutel light and oil light flash,also my back light flashes.also when i break my tailight turns off.i played with my back break lifht switch.and when i wiggle it my neutrel light flickers too,after a while of riding it and using my lights my battery goes flat and i have to recharge it.I'm a novice as you can tell lol

• 1 month later...

Hey all in looking for some one in Kent who Coul possibly help me I have a problem with my dt125r 1996 I currently have a post with the problem if you care to look.

I can pay if not asking crazy money and can make brew and bacon French stick

Hope some one can help me I have plenty of tools so Evenif you just wanted a ride out and fancy popping in to try and help me it is a nice little country ride to my house? And saves u stopping at the cafe for a coffee as I won't charge you :) pm me if you fancy helping thanks

• 1 month later...

What's wrong with it? (bar the fact it won't start)

• 4 months later...

'cos I'm an old git I'm shit on computers, but give me a handful of greasy spanners ,now that's different! got vac gauges,bike lift, tools and time and I'm in the north lincs area.

• 4 weeks later...

Great..everyone within riding distance of each other..who the hell do I go to in Cape Town???

WIll have to move to UK....

• Like 1

I'm sure if you put us up, a few of us would make our way out there to help you out mate

Good idea..we have some nice 5 star hotels here..like south of France. You can all come to my place for a braai. :biglaugha:

Yamy (AKA Ian) Brierley Hill, new to site but having read your post, what a good idea, happy to help out, no expert, been meddling since my first FS1E, X number of years ago and still going.

• 8 months later...

I am new at this but I have rebuilt my yammy top end and am willing to help anyone out here at the Beach. I am not a pro and this is the only bike ive ever seriously worked on and i am having some trouble after the rebuild but i know her insides better than i know mine and am glad to encourage anyone that wishes to fix their bike. I am fortunate that i met some helpful people here that answered my questions and showed me how to go about this. So if anyone here in Virginia Beach rides and finds themselves in need of someone that can encourage and show them how to tackle that machine, contact me. Wish I knew how to post pics on this forum. I have an 82 sr 250 which i have rebuilt.

• Like 1

I am new at this but I have rebuilt my yammy top end and am willing to help anyone out here at the Beach. I am not a pro and this is the only bike ive ever seriously worked on and i am having some trouble after the rebuild but i know her insides better than i know mine and am glad to encourage anyone that wishes to fix their bike. I am fortunate that i met some helpful people here that answered my questions and showed me how to go about this. So if anyone here in Virginia Beach rides and finds themselves in need of someone that can encourage and show them how to tackle that machine, contact me. Wish I knew how to post pics on this forum. I have an 82 sr 250 which i have rebuilt.

great stuff, to post pictures, you need a photo account and copy/paste the IMG link into the text box.

don't post on this thread, start another thread :)

• 3 months later...

Why wasn't this thread started a week ago lol? I have a basic knowledge but probably nothing useful. It would be good though to shadow/observe to learn for myself.

Bradford, West Yorkshire

Grouch where you at in Bradford as most of the time I am in BD5 (Odsal area). 

Can do most things, and have a fair amount of tools (3 more toolboxes than the missus said i was allowed). Stumped when it comes to fully butchered electrics, but standard things like engine lifts and splits I'm happy to take a crack at...... though normally pull in my father in law for the gearbox side of things haha. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm due a new chain and sprockets set fitting soon could do with someone who knows what they're doing just to make sure I'm doing it properly.