Quick Hello - First Ever Bike Yamaha SR 125

Benedictine
This post is 4075 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just a quick hello. I'm new to the motorbiking game. Got myself a cheap Yamaha SR 125 1993 model off ebay, spent the last two half days getting rid of the rust and touching up bits of paint work, now it's looking pretty good. I don't have a photo as of yet but I might stick one up tomorrow if I can. Paid less than £400 for it. Looking to get out on to the road as soon as the rest of my gear comes, helmet for example.

Cheers.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks. It's amazing how much fun you can have just cleaning up the bike. I can't imagine how good it must feel actually getting the bike on on the road for real.

So to confirm the advice you gave on the other thread regarding the reserve tap. Going - tap on. At rest over night - tap off. Struggling for petrol - reserve. That right? I have emailed the part seller regarding the whether the 2000 casing will fit the 1993 model.

Thanks again.

When my Haynes manual finally comes I'm going to read it cover to cover.

...enjoy bike cleaning...? that will soon wear off.

Tap position - thats all right..

Are you on a CBT? location? All good info.

Thanks.

Yes I'm on a CBT in the Yorkshire area, UK. Going to be hitting the National Parks - first the Peak District, then Yorkshire Dales and North Yorkshire Moors and then eventually the Lakes!

Oh yes love the cleaning, getting rid of the rust and shinning up an old bike has been great fun. I have a blister on my thumb (from getting rid of the helmet case platform thing) and I reek of WD40 and oil. Proper stuff! Just fed up with waiting for my Haynes manual and helmet to arrive. Our post is shocking.

Cheers.

Instead of WD40, invest in some Plusgas. miles better.

A few of will be hitting Squires later on in the year. Here is the thread for this coming year and if you use the search function you can see some of the previous years trips. If you are "up and running" maybe make the trip. I do have to warn you that most of us that go are getting on a bit. Even if you can't make the rally, it may be a place to ride to, to meet up with some fellow bikers and have a brew.

:welcome: aboard! Sounds like you're getting it all sorted. :)

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your bike once you get up and running. You'll really enjoy riding around the Dales etc. The Peak District is where I spend most of my time practising.

hi and welcome sr,s are great little bikes:) , all the best with fixing her up and safe riding

elmmetxx

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online