Nearly two skidmarks in my seat this morning...

TheSaffer
This post is 4076 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just thought I'd share my headcam footage of this morning with you.

Just as soon as I thought I'm seing ice, I hit an ice patch! Then only a few minutes later a BMW nearly takes me out...

Warning, some language...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHGnCsblwdY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I would have got off and claimed a nice Merc wing mirror trophy.

As for the Ice, cant really be avoided most times, but at least you was going slow enough to control the out come.

Keep safe

when you hit ice like that and it recovers, you never sort of get too spooked as it happens so fast.

great positioning to avoid that driver though. bet he never thought any more about it from the moment you exited the round a bout

That's a pretty good save man. Does it sound like you accelerated slightly just before you got into the potential slide? I was on the shit end of an ice patch a while back and it was pretty obvious from the footage that I came off - slow moving - due to accelerating at the wrong time.

Yes, I was accelerating not expecting anything.

I've got this camera since a white van reversed into me in November. I can't help but think that it might just come in handy one day. There is so much going on on each commute...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online