Car accident question

Matthew Duncan
This post is 4078 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i know this is a bike forum, but im confused and cant find anything online

this morning on my way into work i was stopped at traffic lights, when a car run into the back of me. this caused me to bump the car infrint.

my car appears to have no damage, but the car onfront has 50 quids worth of damamge, and the car behind (that caused the accident) is awaiting comformation on costs - none of them are wanting to go through insureance.

The car that i hit, went to the garage straigth after the accident and the garage phoned me asking me to pay the repairs if we werent wanting to go through insurance.

Should i be? or should it be the car that caused the accident to settle the bill?

HELP

thanks,

Matt

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I would let the cunt that went into the back of you pay, and if he kicks up a fuss just say 'fuck you then' and go to insurance. You must ask why, person might not be insured and if that's the case they will more then likely pay for everything....even if they d protest a bit

trust me, tell the insurance company. let them sort it out. there is a strong possibility that the car behind might not be insured and as regards to claiming, if it wasn't your fault you won't get penalised even though you have to declare on renewal.

what if someone wanted to claim whiplash (including yourself?) have you got 10k to pay out? as soon as you hand over money, you are admitting liabilty!

could also be a scam with both parties in cahoots with each other!

Also as above.

Inform your insurance company. The car that hit you is negligent but what normally happens is that the person you hit insurers contact yours for the claim and yours contact the guy who hit you. This will add to the paperwork when you renew both your car and bike insurance but should not increase the premiums. I did say "should not"

£50 doesn't buy 1 hour of labour so it smells fishy. If you pay any cash you have accepted liability for the crash and then you may get hit with a much bigger bill and injury claim.

Agree with contacting the insurance company.. but (not advisable) maybe say to the car you hit "this is the number of they guy that hit me, who admits liability and sort it out between the two of you".. may not work but at least you can try flush out if they are scammers.

trust me, tell the insurance company. let them sort it out. there is a strong possibility that the car behind might not be insured and as regards to claiming, if it wasn't your fault you won't get penalised even though you have to declare on renewal.

what if someone wanted to claim whiplash (including yourself?) have you got 10k to pay out? as soon as you hand over money, you are admitting liabilty!

could also be a scam with both parties in cahoots with each other!

Similar accident with my wifes car, she contacted her insurance co and they sorted it out, they called it a 'no fault claim' meaning that it did not affect her NCB, and the other party was deemed to be at fault

+1 - Contact your insurance. That's what it's for!

go to insurance as I guarantee you'll get a solicitor's letter soon wanting compensation. If you admit liability ie pay for the damage your insurance company will refuse to cover it & you'll have to.

i have contacted my insurance, with all the details and the other drivers, i got a quote of £1200 to fix my car as it it has structural damage, and i didnt notice untill the garage pullet up my boot carpet - and what i mess the crumple zone was!

waiting to hear back from my insurance as to when they are goign to pick it up for a assessment.

I was going to mention unnoticed damage - More unnoticed on cars, but even after a complete and proper, genuine repair some bikes just never ride the same after an off.

Injuries also have a habit of not manifesting until days, weeks or sometimes months after the incident and only after being exacerbated by daily life. Often worth getting a check-over by a doctor, just in case.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online