My little old YBR

Mrweso
This post is 4062 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Thought I'd add a couple of pics of my YBR for those that are interested.

I've added a Fabbri flyscreen and a Leo Vince GP Corsa exhaust since I bought her.

20130213_101528_zpsa3fbf97f.jpg

20130213_101518_zps791af878.jpg

20130213_101509_zps41152eb7.jpg

20130213_101459_zpsc46811df.jpg

20130213_101451_zps7ea229cc.jpg

20130114_135748.jpg

The flyscreen just helps to keep the windblast off my chest a bit, and the exhaust... well it's louder and I think it does give me a little bit more top speed. I'm a pretty big chap at 6'3" and 16 stone, so before I was lucky to get more than 55mph, whereas now I can sometimes get over 60! I thought you'd be impressed :eusa_whistle:

I've got a couple of videos of the exhaust if anyone's interested, one with the Db killer in and one without, although I haven't dared ride it without as it's properly loud!

Cheers all

Wes

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Look pretty decent there Wes.

Am I right in seeing the tyres are stock rear but a possible sporty front tyre. Notice any difference in handling with the new front ?

Yep, factory on the rear, Michelin Pilot Sporty on the front. Like that when I bought it last November.

The stock tyres are rubbish, really horrible in the wet and particularly if it's cold I've noticed.

As soon as I get round to it I'm gonna put another Pilot Sporty on the back too, as they are generally recognised as being pretty good.

Wes

Looks nice Wes! I have a pilot sporty on the rear (puncture after 500 miles) so I have limited knowledge of riding the YBR on all stock tyres.

Haven't *yet* had a problem with still having the stock one on the front after nearly 3000 miles. But what I do know is that I just feel safer on the pilot sporty, so like you I'll eventually get the front sorted to match.

Nice Leo V, Mrweso.

This is my GPR;

IMG_0850_zpscfbceceb.jpg

Unlike the original exhaust, there's no hole for any water to run out.

Is there one on your Leo?

You'll notice my YBR has the Air Induction System with an extra pipe just before the can.

No Cat in this one, so maybe doesnt create as much water? Although sometimes when revved hard, spits come from the seam at the bottom of the can.

Just wondering if I should drill a hole in it. :question:

Nope, no hole in mine either. I use the bike every day, so can't see it causing a problem tbh.

I just disconnected the AIS tubing as there is no pipe in the Leo Vince to connect it.

Having had it on a couple of months, it definitely gives me a bit more top end. Will happily cruise along at 60+ now, which was all I was after really.

Wes

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online